‹ Prequel: Damnation
Sequel: Salvation
Status: Completed.

Creation

Chapter Twelve

I must find that room again, as soon as possible.

I look around this room though, the book still in my hands, and it seems that there is no way out. Am I stuck in here? There are no doors, these five huge windows don’t seem to open and I don’t see any more places where to go. I’m feeling a little claustrophobic, assaulted by this image of being alone in a closed room – what if I’m doomed? I can’t stat in here; I have to help Niamh and that clone and fulfil their destiny of being together; I have to go back to my beautiful wife, to hold her and our son. I miss them. Leana’s figure is invading my mind and my love for her is flooding my heart; the same happens with my baby boy, I never held him back in the hospital – he’s always been in Leana’s lap, exactly after he was born, and in that nursery cradle, behind a piece of glass.

I can’t stop myself from missing them and sighing with their images in my head. I focus my attention on my family as I keep searching for a place to go and a way out of new things about this place and the reason for me to be here. Actually, some parts of all this story still confuse me; for example, where am I? Is this place far away from home? Am I still in the USA? Where exactly is this place? I don’t know, and those questions actually run through my mind once in a blue moon. I can’t explain my reactions though, because I keep them away from me since it doesn’t seem to be a way for me to have these answers. I’m standing here alone, silence is the only thing to surround me. How can I get the answers to those questions about my specific location? I guess I can’t, so I just throw those interrogations to the back of my mind, and I focus my attention on my new mission: find that room, push that clone into the mirror, help Niamh, maker her father happy. Those are the tasks I have to do. That is my only concern. That is my mission.

Thank you.

I hear a whisper. It wasn’t scary at all. It even made me confident about what I should do. I keep walking around the room now, because in all this time I’ve spent in here, I learned by myself that this house has its own will and it changes its structure whenever it wants. So I keep walking around the room and sometimes I look back, searching for some changes in here. For a while there is nothing new, but suddenly I see something that looks like a shadow. It intrigues me because it’s never been there before, and as I come closer to it, it seems to reveal a male face who smiles for me with pleading eyes. It disappears as quick as it has appeared, but in my mind I keep hearing these words being whispered. At first, I don’t recognise them, but soon enough they become clearer, and I find myself hearing full sentences. “Thank you” is one of them and I also hear “Please, help her”, but I can’t be sure about the truth in what I hear. These whispers are so quiet that I can hardly define them, but my mind has given me an idea that sounds possible about these whispers.

I smile to myself, as I feel useful, but then new images of Leana and my boy come to me. They’re peaceful images, showing me a beautiful Leana telling stories to a ten-year-old boy about to fall asleep in his bed. I wonder what those images mean: the present moment in my real one while I am trapped in this unknown world, or the future or all my fears of loosing them? All these things are making me think about Leana and our son like this, so that I never forget them. I will never forget them; I don’t need these images to scare the shi out of me.

Suddenly, I see it. there’s a corner, next to the wall that holds the painting of the lake, next to just another full bookcase, where lies something darker than anything else. If I already know this surely sick place, it is some way to that corridor again; I just wish that there’s also a light there to guide me to the right room.

My feelings were right. That is a secret passage to the corridor, but there’s only darkness. I don’t dare to leave the room or the light from those five huge windows. I am scared, because now that I know about the presences inside the house, my skin is really sensitive to everything, and I fear that I won’t see every shadow and spectrum if any of them comes when I’m in the darkness of that corridor. Suddenly I think about Leana again. She’s always in my mind and I’m starting to believe that it happens every time she calls for me and I’m not there. What if she or our son needs me, and I’m not there to help them? I don’t want to think about that because now I have one mission to accomplish and after that I will be free to go home and hold them again. At least, I hope…

I kinda fear this task. Why do I have to do it alone? I know what to do, but how hard will it be to face the consequences? I mean, if the clone really gets into that mirror and meets Niamh, I’ll be going home to my Leana and our son, what if I can’t get them together? This place seems so tricky that I really don’t know what to expect from whatever I do in here… Sometimes it works how I think, but other times the house just acts for itself. For example, right now… As I was slipping into my own thoughts, the light from the room slowly faded away, and now I’m lost in the darkness. My heartbeat gets faster and my breath starts to become heavier, but as I am about to give in and sit on the floor, this light comes to me from somewhere down the corridor. It doesn’t have the time to comfort me though, as I feel myself being wrapped by some arms, somewhere in the darkness. Is this an illusion? I think as I fight back. Nothing is going to stop me; not now that I’m so close to finishing my fate in here. Not now that I’m so close to getting them together. Not now that I’m so close to going back home! Leana…

“Leana!” I call her name because this pair of arms doesn’t want to let me go. It takes control of my body, pulling me against the wall, trying to avoid my strength and willpower of fighting back. I can’t make it though; these arms come from nowhere and now hold my back against the wall, as huge pale hands cross in my stomach. I can cry and scream for help, but who will come? There’s no one here, I’m all alone in this damn house. There’s that light over there, but how can it help me? It’s just some light…

“Leana!” I call her again, knowing that she won’t come, but only trying to keep my mind straight as I’m pulled by these strong arms. I feel that the embrace looses some strength though, and I make my way out of it, but one hand can actually grab my arm and it squeezes me, making my knees weak as I fall to the ground. I didn’t know anything that could hurt like this…

“Leana…” I say in a whisper, as I feel a blow from nowhere hit my hair, making it swirl slightly and making every little hair on my neck stand up in a deep chill. I freeze at the feeling, but I don’t want to loose my sanity, so I keep battling against that pain in my arm. I think of Leana; she would help me if she was here. I know she would… but in here I guess I have to live without her, and do things all by myself. I feel lonely as I try to let my arm go form that cold hand. The light is too far from here to let me see where it comes from, but I guess this simply hand simply comes out of the wall. This place scares me and I battle stronger for my freedom from that squeezing feeling. I begin to feel sick and a tear falls from my eye, I believe it is from the pain inflicted to my arm.

“Leana!” I say again, louder than I expected. I really want her to be here with me, to hold her tight and forget this pain that makes… What the fuck?! Suddenly, the hand stops squeezing as a door opens to reveal a pleasant light. Oh I wish it is home…

No matter how hard I pray, my mind has a different idea of what I will see in there and my eyes don’t disappoint it as I see…
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this chapter totally tells us the difference between the description of James in the two stories... I mean, if we read them carefully, we'll notice that in Damnation, our sweet Jimmy rarely thought or talked abut his wife, Leana... and now, in Creation, Jimmy is always thinking about her, having visions about her, talking about her or even talking to her... That's the importante of Leana in real Jimmy's life...

yes, there are two Jimmy's in this stories... now tell me, who was the Jimmy that we saw in front of the mirror in Damnation? Was he the same Jimmy that now is a father and crashed into this book and all this situation of having a clone? I bet you also know that they are different characters... That's the meaning of this clone =)

I hope that you fully understand the differences between the two stories. If you don't, just let me know, PLEASE =)

*Green_Apple*