‹ Prequel: Damnation
Sequel: Salvation
Status: Completed.

Creation

Chapter Fourteen

I am Jimmy. Why do you look exactly… like me?”

His question makes me look at the book that my hand still holds. I take a few breaths easily before looking at the mirror and then at my his confused face. He doesn’t know anything and I’m the one who is supposed to tell him everything… So I cleared my voice as I mentally apologize to Leana for taking her away from my mind now, but I need to do this so that I can go back to you, my love. Forgive me…

“Are you familiar with the name Niamh?” I ask softly, as my mind tries to find a way to calm down and do this right.

“Oh yeah! She sent me a letter when I was back at home and-“

I cut him off. “No, you didn’t, I got two letters from Niamh and read them with a great confusion inside my head. Then Leana, my wife, went into labour and gave birth to my son, and out of nowhere, I find myself in this place with a dark corridor and a running light playing with my mental sanity.” I never stopped talking, even when he tried to say something as soon as I referred Leana. I wan to finish this soon, so I’m just gonna say quickly everything I have to say, in a way for him to understand.

“Somehow I went to this living room, or library or whatever, and I found this book, which is a journal. Niamh’s father died in war but somehow his spirit keeps leaving its marks and thoughts in this book. I read it and was told all the truth.” I say, looking atmy his eyes and trying to speak slowly in order to be understood. I don’t know what he knows about this, but I guess he doesn’t know anything, because he said he is Jimmy, and he asked about me and everything…

“Well apparently Niamh is now living in a parallel dimension, inside that mirror, and you seem to know it because when I first came to this room, you were looking at it attentively.” I see him nodding and wanting to speak, but I cut him off again because we may not have time for a long chat and reflection about this.

“This mirror is the result of a spell that Niamh’s father did because he had broken her old mirror” I say, pointing at the pieces that still were all over the floor. “I guess that’s why it carries that new dimension. Later, Niamh’s father knew and probably saw that his daughter was unhappy and he wanted to give her some reason to smile… and that’s why he created you.” I emphasized the cord ‘created’ to make sure that he understood who’s the real one in here…

“He found a specific spell and created a clone of me, which is you.”

I shut up to let him digest the information. His eyes were open wide now, as he realizes that he’s not totally real. He’s just an imitation, and I hope he understands that, no matter how cold and mean it may seem.

“A clone… of you?” he asks, the same way I reacted when I read this thing in the book.

“Yes. I know it sounds confusing, I reacted the same way as you when I read it” I said, clarifying my mind for him, and then I clear my throat and voice to talk again. “He created you in a way that you can enter the parallel dimension that the mirror hides and be happy with Niamh, because you are meant to love her and to be with her. Her father chose me because she’s a fan of my work.” I see him nodding at this. I guess that this spell creates clones with the same look and the same acknowledge of things…

“I know that but…” he says, looking atmy his hands, then at the mirror. “You mean I can get in there? I’ve always felt something special about this girl; since the first moment I came in here, I wanted to find her really bad. I really couldn’t understand why, because I came in here as a married man… which is what you are, I guess…”

“Yeah.” I answer, trying to think of something to clarify all this situation that got us both by surprise. “I think that you were created to love her and make her happy, that’s why you felt all those things when you came in here. For instance, me… I came in here and I found out about all this, and I am talking to you right now, but Leana’s image almost never got out of my mind. I love her really much and I think…” as I am talking, my mind lights up to something new “I think I miss her this much because once you are in there and happy with Niamh, I go back to her arms. I mean, this is all meant to be. I believe that we were brought here to feel different things, even that we lived the same emotions. I also believe that you also got lost in that corridor outside, and found a strange room with something that touched you in your heart, and that you went to that same living room, and etc, but we lived different reasons to be here.” I see him nodding at every word I say, agreeing with me as I speak.

“I see your point but if we’re here to find and love Niamh, if I’m only meant to be that, why are you here?” he asks, looking at me with a facial expression that I can’t define…

“Right…” I say, thinking about what I read in the book I’m still holding. I open it to show him that I wasn’t making this up. I hope that he doesn’t think I wrote this… “You can read it, as I’ve read it before, but it’s simpler if you just listen to me.”

I point at the text though andmy his eyes follow my finger, as I start talking about what it’s said there. “Niamh’s father wrote that he managed to send me here to help you two to be together. I read that you were in that same living room, but that you didn’t fin the book, as he was trying to warn you about it. This piece of writing has all the explanations we need and if you found it, you’d have his instructions to find Niamh. It’s strange that this father can’t meet his daughter, but I don’t want to have those questions in my head, so that I can free myself from this maze and this situation as soon as possible!” I see him smiling at me, and I think he understands that all I want is to go home to my Beautiful. Leana…

“So what do you, or we, have to do?” he asked, seeming impatient.

“You excited about this?”

“A little, because when I came here, I entered Niamh’s world and her presence took control of me, even though I lived some scary things here. But… I mean, I’ve spent so much time in here, you know? And this mirror and the reflex of this girl that smiles at me and cries for me sometimes, this is the image that has kept me focused and totally sane…”

“You see her?” I ask, cutting him off. I didn’t know about it, and curiosity seems to invade me. I wonder why I was thinking about how she looks like… I can’t explain my will to see her, but it is here now and makes me ask something else: “do you think I can see her?”

The clone looks weirdly at me, jealous maybe, but there’s nothing to be jealous about, because I’m only curious. That’s what I tell him and his expression calms down with my words.

“I guess so… I see her in the mirror every time I look at it. She’s right there now, crying tears that I interpret as happiness, because she’s smiling as well…” he says, staring the mirror and having something that illuminates his face. He smiles softly at whatever he sees, but I look in the same direction and see nothing but myself, twice. It’s weird and it makes me feel uncomfortable with it again, but I don’t give up because I look outside again and the sun is quickly making its way down.

“I see nothing…” I say “but listen, we have to hurry up.” He looks at me again and he opens his mouth to talk.

“You don’t see her?” I shake my head at him, not turning my eyes away frommy his face. “It’s weird because she’s there, but I guess that you don’t have to see her because you’re not meant to her… right?

“I guess you’re right.” I say, looking down at the mirror again and then to the book, remembering what we are here for. “Well, I was sent here to help you, as you know…”

“Yes! What do you, or we, have to do then?!” he asks again, adjusting himself in his seat on the bed.

Okay… I take a deep breath and think of the best way to tell him about how he’s supposed to be push into the mirror. He frownsmy his eyebrows at my words, but as I keep talking his expression starts to change, showing me some hope and anticipation. I look outside once I mention our need to hurry up because the sun is going down really fast. He seems to feel excited about his now, I’m sure he can’t wait to feel Niamh near him, as I can’t wait to feel Leana in my arms again. I tell him everything I know, and I have the book to support what I say. Suddenly, new words appear in the empty space of that page:

Good luck. Send her my biggest kiss and tell her that I love her and will never forget her.
Charles.


My heart melted at that sight. Yes, these last weeks have made me very emotional. My son was realer than ever and now that he’s born, I came to this Hell of a place to find all these perturbing things. That’s why I focus on this mission that I was given, in order to complete my task at the right time, make this clone happy with that Niamh girl, let her father with a clean conscience and, most important of it all, go back to those warm arms of the woman I married a few years ago. Leana…

“Are you ready?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you ready?! xD