‹ Prequel: Damnation
Sequel: Salvation
Status: Completed.

Creation

Chapter Fifteen

Are you ready?

I ask as I close the book, looking atmy his eyes and seeing that fresh smile ofmine his. Jesus! Looking directly at that face, at the same level as mine is, makes me wonder how this was possible. What if somehow, if we touched, our souls exchanged from one body to the other? I mean, if that exchange happened as soon as I touch him to push him into the mirror, I’d end up inside that mirror and he would go back to Leana. I wonder if someone would tell the differences… because the bodies are the same, but our minds certainly are different. I can only think about my Beautiful and our son, as he seems totally happy to meet Niamh in that parallel dimension. I hope that my mind has only been watching too much fiction and that I’m only making this up, because I sure won’t be able to live without Leana and I’d be unhappy with Niamh, because I couldn’t fall in love, or obsession, with her.

He only nods, with a big smile onmy his face, as he looks at the mirror once again andmy his eyes shine of so much love as he probably glances something in the liquid surface. He looks at me again, still smiling, and I try to smile back, but I don’t think that my features obey me. Glancing the book still held in my hands, we both look outside to see that the sun was almost in its middle way to disappear. I don’t know where exactly is the middle line of that sun that is setting so fast, but we should give a try. Maybe we have some little help from Niamh’s father’s ghost… I just need to push him and hope that the spell really works. He just needs to put one hand in front of his face, wait with me for the wanted moment, run once I push him and hope that the spell really works.

All of a sudden, I hear something weird and as I try to figure it out, I look through the window to see that the moment we’ve been expecting is now gone. I hear him gasp and I look at him, seeing him trying to find a way to sit down on the bed. His eyes have lost their glitter and love, and replaced them by tears and misunderstanding.My His body trembles as he finally sits down. I turn around to look at whatever he is looking at. It’s the mirror, or what is left of it. The clone looks shocked and now I understand why. The sound that I heard, now I know it was the sound of that mirror breaking into pieces. A thing that Niamh’s father described in the book… it happened again, why? I look at the clone, he’s getting down on his knees with his face white as clouds. I look at the book; it’s still in my hand, even that I don’t know why, and I was about to open it hoping that this father had already written something about what just happened. Then I was interrupted by some sort of a laugh – a demoniac laugh, an old voice, a sound of triumph. What the fuck is that?

I look at the clone, and I see him down on his knees with tears slowly and silently falling and wettingmy his cheeks. His eyes wear the sea now, whether from their blue color or from the tears that now abandoned their home. His hands were grabbing the many broken pieces that once had been part of a full mirror; the one that a few moments ago showed him the image of that girl called Niamh. The pieces from the two mirrors are now together on this floor, as if this mirror is doomed to last no longer than a few years. I wonder what has broken this one today, with both of us in here.

The sun is now almost gone and the room is starting to go dark, that lack of light so familiar yet [still] so scary to my eyes. I hear the clone of me whisper and I look instinctively at him, to seemy his hands dryingmy his eyes and cheeks, as more definitely painful tears start to drop. He is obviously unhappy, because he had his chance to finally meet the girl that became his obsession as soon as he entered this room. I came here to help him, but I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t do it… what now? I’m starting to get scared, because the book didn’t say what would happen if I couldn’t get them together. What is going to happen now? I wanna go back to Leana, to hold her and our son in one single tight hug. I wanna go back home and be happy once again, and now forever. I wanna go home! Leana…

I don’t know what to do. I’m scared. The clone is still down on his knees, I can’t stay for too long. He’s crying in silence, though form times to times I hear him whimpering and sighing heavily, with his eyes focused on the broken pieces from the mirror. He’s probably trying to see Niamh’s face on them, the face that now he’s addicted to. Maybe he’s in love and pain with her image, since he’s the only one who can see her. It sure is hard to be so far away from those we love… I miss Leana a lot. Leana… I miss her sweet face, her pretty eyes, her tiny nose, her beautiful lips, her huge smile… I miss her. Leana… I’m afraid that time has passed by and that she’s now missing me, or over me. I’m scared of losing her. I’m frightened by the thought of never go back again… Leana…

I can’t stop staringmy his figure, down on the floor, all curled up in the middle of those piece of two broken mirrors. He just lost his hope of being with her, and realizing that scares me. I’m scared that he gets angry over hi unhappiness, and mostly that he turns his angst against me. He may blame me or make me pay for something that someone or ‘some presence’ might have caused. It’s not my fault… I can’t be blamed for breaking the mirror, because I wanted as much as him to get them together. Maybe not for the same reasons, but I wanted them together. I wanna go home! I don’t understand what happened, because I don’t know what broke the mirror and now that I couldn’t fulfil my mission, I don’t know what its gonna happen. What if I’m doomed? What if I’m not going back home? I wanna hole Leana once more, at least once more if I’m not meant to be with her again. At least see her and hold her, and kis sour son at least one last time if my failure made the gods angry at me and now they don’t let me live with Leana again. If that’s my fate now, I only have to accept it, though it stabs my heart with blades of fire and tears me in two. Leana…

My fear and my pain of loosing Leana and our son guide me to the door, where I hope to find some place else. I don’t know what the clone may do to release his unhappiness and angst; people in pain are always unpredictable. For some strange reason, we never know how people in pain will react to those difficult situations; it’s incomprehensible and somehow untenable. I walk backwards towards the boor, still looking at him, while he starts to raise his head to look back at me. He’s not crying anymore;my his face is plain of pain and incomprehension, but no tears. He wants to get up, and he manages to, but I walk faster and soon reach the door handle, taking my eyes away from him for a while. I look back and he’s walking towards me. My mind freezes at the thought of what he’s gonna do to me. Does he want to hurt me? I don’t know what to think, but I’m feeling this weird fear fulfilling my insides. My heartbeat gets faster, my breath gets harder, my thoughts get weaker. I open the door and escape the room, running away frommy his irregular figure… a clone of me.

I open the door and leave the room, with my eyes filled with that undefined expression from the clone and with my mind filled with images of my beautiful Leana and our beloved son… I open the door and leave the room, wherever it will take me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, now that you know what happened to James and his clone, what do you think that will happen next?!

Anywayz, there's only one more chapter to the end of Creation, but don't worry... Salvation is already being thought, because no way I would leave Niamh alone, the clone so sad and Jimmy so thoughtful, so... get ready, because more adventures will come to our Jimmy! =D

you excited? =P

*Green_Apple*