‹ Prequel: Damnation
Sequel: Salvation
Status: Completed.

Creation

Chapter Four

I decide to check it out and for that, I open the door.

What is this? I think to myself as my eyes glimpse a room filled with furniture to tidy someone’s clothes and a few huge cardboard boxes. I won’t open and check the drawers, it will take me forever, but I sure am curious about the boxes. I open the first one, thinking that Leana would definitely love it as I see that it is full of baby toys - little dolls and teddy bears of all shapes and colours. It’s so sweet! They look kinda old, as if they’ve been in someone’s family since the first generation. However, when I touch one of them, a little white bunny with huge black eyes, its fake fur is soft as if no one has ever touched it! I hold it against my face and it feels warm, as if someone has just dropped it from their arms. How contradictory!

It amazes me. There are at least five boxes here and they all are flooded with toys of all types, both for boys and girls. Leana would love this room and thinking of her and of my recently-born son makes me want to take all these boxes with me. I only have to figure out a way how to do it… I could choose my favourite toys and put them in only one box and carry it with me the whole time. I look at all the now open boxes and I smirk to my lonely self. It seems a good idea, though it would be a weird way of stealing but who would know? I smirk again as I begin to take all the toys from one random box, to only re-fill it with my favourite ones. My mind is smiling at me and Leana will be so surprised once she sees these toys!

My heart is starting to beat faster, a phenomenon that I relate to the fact that I am so much excited about taking these super cute toys to my baby boy. My heart beats faster and faster at the time but now I know it is pure anticipation, because all of a sudden a super strong noise comes from nowhere – it could have been a scream. I look up, stopping all my movements, searching all around me the source of that sound. The room is the same, only with the details that were there before. Nothing has changed and my fasten heartbeat can be perfectly heard in this mad silence.

Nothing happens so far, so I stop looking around because there isn’t anything here. As I get ready to look down again and restart “packing” my favourite toys, I see an unexpected thing…

The room is shrinking!

At first I don’t understand the line that my mind screams at me. It’s saying that the room is shrinking but for a while I can’t understand what it means. Then out of nowhere, I see that the walls are coming closer to me… OMG the room is really shrinking, and if I don’t hurry up, I will be smashed by these moving walls. What shall I do: take the box or leave it behind? I hesitate for one second but the walls are moving faster now, and I hear that scream again, so all I can think about is… run! Fuck!

As I’m moving towards the door, with the walls moving in my back, God knows at what speed now. I think that, as in all horror movies, the door won’t open until the last second, when the walls are almost touching my body. It sounds stupid, but my mind is really focused on that image from the movies as my hand grabs the door handle to open it. Fortunately, I’m not in a horror movie, and the door opens immediately, once more leading me to the corridor.

As I close the door behind me, I can see that no more walls are moving; so I sit on the floor, trying to catch my breath and control my heartbeat. It was a crazy moment back there; so crazy that it made me leave those beautiful toys behind. I’m disappointed with myself; I should have brought them out with me! I really was a coward, so afraid of those moving walls that I forgot the few happy moments I’ve had since I found myself in this place. Since I still can’t find a way out of here, especially because I don’t know where to look, I should at least preserve those little moments as valuable and very rare pearls… but I couldn’t; fear had taken care of me. I must live with it.

I sigh and shake my head softly, trying to make my mind stop having those thoughts. I look up and around, examining the corridor once more, hoping that it is different in any way, but it isn’t. There are the same doors, or so they seem, and the same two directions, each one with its respective light. First I look to my right, then to my left and I almost got burned with the intensity of the light. It’s stronger than before, and I glance something there. I put one hand above my eyes, and try to define the shadow that seems to live in that light for now. I barely can see exactly what it is, because the light is hurting my eyes and blurring my vision, but it seems to come closer to me. I smile, thinking that it is Leana or someone from the hospital to pick me up and save me, but no. It’s a girl and as soon as I can see that she’s smiling at me, the light gets stronger and I see no more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sure you're all thinking that it's gonna be the same damn thing as it was on Damnation, but trust me... your opinion is about to change LOL the descriptions are pretty much the same, because they have to be. I mean, a sequel must follow the "rules" that I've established for the first story, right?

i know u understand me LOL

i hope that u understand why i'm making James so emotional... i mean, not only because he's a father now, but because... well, u'll find out soon HAHAHA

thanks for ur comments, u are the world to Creation =D

*Green_Apple*