The Night I Shouldn't Have Gone Out

Chapter 19

"So what first?" I asked myself. I pulled out the 45 and stuck in into the back of my pants. I put on my gloves, mask, and everything else I brought. I turned my phone on silent and looked at the picture that was displayed. Me, Billie Joe, and my two kids. I hope everything goes as planned. I put everything under my bed and put on a huge coat. I took off my mask until I was outside the apartment. This is for my own good and for the sake of my family. I walked across the street and went behind the building. I threw my coat off onto the side and put my mask on leaving my hair in a long ponytail. I had the gun in my hand and walked towards the door leading to where he sat. I looked through the window and saw that the TV was on and he was fast asleep. I had to plan this carefully.

I had the rope on my arm and walked towards the door. I tried opening it and realized it was locked. Damn. I bent down and took a safety pin and tried unlocking it and with my luck it worked. I slowly closed the door and walked over to him.

"Babe, is that you? I knew you would come for me," he said grinning.

"Yea, honey it's me. Miss me yet?" I whispered in hit ear and elbowed him in the face. He screamed in pain and I quickly got his hands behind the chair and tied them together along with his legs.

"Look familiar? Ha, Randal do you think you could do this shit to me and my family AND get away with it? HM... I don't think so," I started kicking him and hitting him as hard as I can. I was in so much pain and was so mad at him I could just kill him... which is what I was planning on. I gagged his mouth so he couldn't make any noise. He started to cry which didn't get to me at all.

"DON'T YOU REGRET DOING THIS TO ME NOW? HM, DON'T YOU REGRET TAKING MY CHILD FROM ME?" I yelled at him, by now I was crying, "you're a lucky son of a bitch ya know it. You're lucky my kid isn't dead." I untied the gag because I have a few questions.

"So....Randal right? So why did you do all of this?" he didn't answer. I slammed another chair against his head and bent down in his face. "why did you do this?" he looked at me and looked to the left and back at me once again with a pitiful face.

"You left me for him. I loved you with all my heart and you left me. I know I wasn't the greatest person but you even had him break us up because you were too scared to do it yourself."

"Who? Billie?"

"No.....Mike."

"Mike who?"

"Mike..Dirnt"

"What?.... I never dated him, he's my husbands best friend."

"Yea, well then that's probably the time you were on drugs and drunk."

"No, you're wrong," that can't be right. I don't remember ever going out with Mike. Was it a one night stand? Ugh.

"SHUT UP, YOU'RE LIEING!" I pointed the gun at him and closed my eyes. I shot back and landed on the cold floor. I looked up and his head was leaning back against the chair dripping blood. Oh my god, I just killed him. Why am I feeling guilt? Shouldn't I be happy at the fact that the person who hurt me and my family is dead? The gunshot was loud and I needed to get out of here. I grabbed my gun and made sure that I had everything. I ran out of the building and put my coat on, walking over to the apartments I walked fast through the doors and to the elevator.

It was going up slowly and I could see a reflection. It was a man in dark clothes. I looked behind me and saw no one there but the reflection was still on the door haunting my thoughts.

"Adie... you're going to regret doing that. You think it's over only because I'm dead now? Not quite..... it's just the beginning,"he laughed and disappeared into the open door. I walked out and ran to my room. I cleaned my stuff, packed it, went down to the lobby, paid, and headed to the door. I got in my car and in my review mirror I saw cops. I drove home and walked inside. Luckily no one was home. I burnt everything except the gun which I hid. I laid in bed and thought..... 'I'm a murderer.' I fell into a deep sleep and woke up the next morning with tattooed arms around me and the news blaring from the TV. The lady with brown hair was announcing a murder across the street from some apartments. Great. I hope this guilt doesn't stay for long. But what I can't get out of my head is the meaning to what he said before he disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm now thinking whether or not I should do a sequel. I'm really considering it.

Comments please.

Also... sorry if the murder scence wasn't good. I'm not very good at that.