The Night I Shouldn't Have Gone Out

Chapter 20

*3 weeks later*

I stood there in a black dress with Billie Joe at my side. I looked down at the black coffin lowering into the deep, cold, and brown ground. My stare was blank and showed no sympathy. I heard the words of his mother talking and saying how such a good son he was. How can that be true if he hurt so many? I looked over at Billie who was watching it lower also.

"Billie, remind me why were here again?"

"Were here because...... actually I don't know why," with that he looked back down with an angry look. If only everyone who was standing around here knew I was the one who killed him. Is everyone else that he killed finally resting in peace? Was this all for me or for the others too? All the memories of him and I came flooding back. They still haunt me to this day. I still get those nightmares that show he's still stalking me.

I thought when he died I would feel better? I would know it's over! Those words... those words he said before he actually left.

"Adie... you're going to regret doing that. You think it's over only because I'm dead now? Not quite..... it's just the beginning."

His laughing, his voice. I don't understand. I looked over and around the entire area....looking at all the people around me. They all looked so sad. How can they? He killed people. How can people find sympathy for this type of man, family or not? I just don't understand. Within a second I looked up and everyone but a man was gone.

"Billie?" I called out.

No answer.

"Billie, come here, you're scaring me now."

No answer.

The man looked up and smiled. He started walking over to me and laid his hand on my shoulder. I couldn't see every detail of his face but just a smile. Now how creepy is that?

"I know you did it... don't worry.. I won't tell a soul," the man whispered.

"What? What did I do?"

"Murdered my father. That's what you did."

"How would you know?"

"I watched you do it."

"That's not possible... you have no proof."

"I don't need proof remember? I'm not going to tell," I looked back up and Billie had his hand on my shoulder.

"Babe, it's time to go," he said looking at me giving me a worried look, "are you ok?"

"Yea," I took one last look at the now covered grave that had a headstone above it. A grey, dark covered grave stone saying...

Beloved father, husband, and son.
Forever in our hearts~
R.I.P.


A tear slid down my cheek and I looked down to the ground on our way back to the car. We got in and headed home. When we were I walked inside and up to our room. I sat at the window sill. It started to rain and that's when I started thinking back to the very first day it all started.

That night, when me and Billie were at the bar. That was the night, the night I knew I was supposed to be home. From that night my nightmares have just began.

That night was......

The night I shouldn't have gone out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter. Wow.
Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Comments please.

Sorry if it's a little short.