The Night I Shouldn't Have Gone Out

Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning and came back to reality. I got up and got in the shower. After I was done I walked back into my room and got dressed. Then Billie went in. I went to Joey and Jakob's room and woke them up. I went downstairs and started making breakfast.

"Is eggs fine with you Joey?" I asked still getting them out of the fridge.

"Yea sure."

"How about you Jakob, eggs?"

"Sure but can I have toast to?"

"Sure can you get the toaster out then please." I said and put the eggs in the frying pan.

Jakob came and put the toaster on the counter next to me and plugged it in.

"Jakob, Joey how about you go get dressed and then you can eat breakfast. After we eat and get your father wide awake we can go to the mall or something, sound good?" I heard them both run upstairs and close their door.

"OK I will take that as a yes." I said to myself and laughed. I started thinking about how Joey wouldn't want to go anywhere. I laughed and then heard whispering. I turned around and no one was there. I walked away maybe 2 feet from the stove to see if anyone was on the stairs. No one. 'OK maybe I'm just hearing things.' I thought. I went back to the frying pan and put the eggs on 4 plates. Then I went over to the toaster and put 4 pieces of bread in. I walked up stairs to see if Billie was getting ready.

"Hey hon are you ready?"

No Answer

"OK come on no tricks." I said and laughed a little.

"This isn't a trick." I heard a man say.

"Billie?" I said looking around and backing towards the door.

"Guess again." I heard him say and laugh. I didn't realize that the door was locked and tried unlocking it. I saw a black figure coming towards me. Then the door was opening and I looked back. Billie walked in. I looked back to where the black figure was and he wasn't there anymore. I finally realized I wasn't breathing and fell to floor out of breath.

"Adie....Adrienne.......what's wrong?" Billie asked sounding scared. I looked at him and fell into darkness.

Billie's POV*

I walked up to our bedroom and opened the door. I thought since breakfast was out and the boys were getting dressed Adie was up here. I walked in to see her looking at me and then turned back looking ahead of her. Nothing was there. She fell to the ground gasping for air. I went over and held her in my arms.

"Adie....Adrienne.......what's wrong?" I said scared. I didn't know why she was acting like this. For a long time she has been acting weird. This proves it. She looked at me and then closed her eyes.

"NO don't close your eye's." I saw the phone and grabbed it. I put it next to me and checked for a pulse. Lightly I could feel it. Then I put my head against her chest to see if she was breathing. She wasn't.

"JOEY, JAKOB." I yelled hoping they heard. They came running in and just stood there.

"Dad what's wrong with mommy?" Jakob asked.

"I will explain later. Joey take my keys and warm up the car. Don't let anyone in." I said rushing. I called 911 and said they were on there way. Not to long later they came rushing in and grabbed her. They rushed her out and put her in the ambulance. I got in the car and was driving to the hospital.

"Joey take my cell and call Mike and Tre." He started dialing. I heard him telling them to meet me at the hospital.

"I cant get a hold of Mike but Tre is on his way." Joey said looking straight ahead.

"OK thanks." I said.

"SO what happened?" Jakob asked.

"Well mommy had trouble breathing." I said while a tear fell down my cheek and landed on my shirt. I tried not to cry, I didn't want to in front of Jakob and Joey. I got to the hospital and waited in the waiting room. Tre showed up and then Mike showed up shortly after.

"What happened?" Mike asked and Tre listening fully. The kids were getting something at the vending machine so I thought this is a good time to tell them.

"Well I walked in our room because I couldn't find her and she looked at me with horror on her face then looked back straight ahead of her. Then she fell down. She has been acting weird all week. Now that I think of it, ever since we went to the bar and that guy was nice enough to bring her back her purse. But she fell and stopped breathing." I said and looked at Mike and he looked worried. Then I looked at Tre and he looked like he saw a ghost.

"Tre what's wrong?" I asked him.

"Uh nothing.... I'm just w-worried." He said looking away.

Tre's POV

She told me about him. About how he has been following her and how he showed up at the store ans the bar. Should I tell Billie. I want to but I don't want Adrienne to think she can't trust me. But then if I don't something bad will happen to her. What do I do? DO I tell him or do I wait until she tells him. I know I will ask her if she plans on telling him. If not then I will maybe...I don't know. Ah. Why leave me to this.

"Why leave me to this?" I thought but didn't realize I said it out loud.

"Leave you up to what?" Billie asked and Mike nodding.

"Uh nothing. Where's Joey and Jakob?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"There over there now no trying to change th-" He said but saw that they were turning the corner to where Billie couldn't see them.

"Hold on I have to go get them. Joey, Jakob." Billie said getting off the chair and walking down the hall.

"So what was that all about? Do you know something that Billie doesn't about Adrienne?" Mike asked giving the serious face.

"No why would you say that?" I said laughing nervously.

"Tre...."

"OK maybe I know a little something a birdy told me. But I can't tell Billie. The birdy won't trust me if I tell. But then if I don't then the birdy might get hurt."

"Let me guess this birdy," He said doing the quotes with his fingers," is Adrienne." I froze and then thought about what I was going to say.

"No the birdy is me............OK yes it is her." Crap I really need to work on this.

"So what happened?" Mike asked. I told him everything I know.

"But then she might get hurt if I don't tell him. But then I don't want her not to trust me because I told him this one thing. Do you know what I mean?" I asked looking at Mike.

"Yea.....I'm not sure what you should do. But if you don't tell him soon and if she doesn't tell him soon then I am." Mike said looking at Billie who came right on time to end the conversation. But then Tre didn't have time to argue with him. Billie sat down and then the doctor came out.

"You can see her but she isn't awake. She is perfectly fine. But when you go in there she will be a little white. She looks like she is in pain but she is really having a dream. I know your thinking why can't we wake her but there are two problems. One, this might tell us why she is acting weird by how she wakes up and how she reacts to the dream and two, it can kill her if it frightens her enough!" He said and then walked away.

Billie's POV*

I walked toward her door. The doctor said she would be a little white. Does he mean a little or a lot and told me a little. I wonder what kind of dream she is having to make her wake up screaming. I opened the door and walked in. She was awake and looked white as a ghost.