The Night I Shouldn't Have Gone Out

Chapter 6

*Adrienne's POV*

I'm sitting there in the car. Waiting.......for Billie. He gets in and he asks what's wrong. I look over.....and see him. I scream. No one can hear me.

"What's wrong?" Billie asked. It really is him. He's sitting there with a look on his face. A horrified one.

"Well the guy we met at the store. It is him. The one that is following me and won't leave me alone. And I have a feeling that later on he's gone rape me." I said crying.

"Don't worry about him." Billie said and hugged me. He pulled back and his face wasn't the face I wanted to see. Then from when we were in the car it blanked out and I was standing in my front yard. Billie was there battling him. He got punched flew to the ground. Then.. the guy....................shot him. Billie was dead and I stood there and watched. The kids weren't around. The guy came closer and closer until his arms were around me. He pushed me through the door and took me up to mine and Billie's room. While I was struggling I couldn't get free. He was just to strong.

He pushed me onto the bed tried taking off my shirt. I bit him and he didn't act at all like it hurt. He pinned my arms above my head. He put rope around my arms and tied them. He took off my pants and through all of this kicking and biting wasn't working. He started to kiss me. He looked up at me and I saw Mike's face.


"NO." I woke up screaming. It was a dream. Right? Yes it was a dream. Billie was standing there looking at me. He came in right after I screamed.

Billies POV*

"Hey your awake. She had a smile on her face. the first I have seen for a while. I went over to her and hugged her.

"Your not dead." I heard her whisper.

"What? Did you have another dream that I died? Your pale." I said.

"Yes. But..." She said and looked away.

"But what?"

"Well what I was going to tell you in the bedroom was that g-" She said but got cut off by the doctor. OK that's twice now that she got cut off by why she was acting weird. I'm really starting to get annoyed.

"Mrs. Armstrong, I'm happy to tell you that you are fine and free to leave whenever you want to."

"Thank you." Adrienne said and started to get out of bed. She got her clothes and went and changed. We got in the car and drove home.

"Hey go sit on the couch and watch TV I will be there in a minute." I said and walked over to the phone.

"Mike can you please watch Jakob and Joey for me for a couple of hours?"

"Sure Bill."

"Thanks."

"No problem I will be there in about 5 minutes." He said and hung up.

I walked in the living room and watched TV until Mike got here. He took the kids and went back into the living room. The house was quite. I'm not sure if it was comfortable silence or awkward.

"Nice day out isn't it."Adie said.

"Yea." I replied.

"So how come Mike came and got the kids?" She asked. I loved those eyes. Her smile and her hair. Focus you need to talk to her.

"Well I wanted to talk to you but I didn't want to take the chance the kids would hear."

"But why? We always talk while they are here."

"Well you never did tell me why you were acting weird."

*Adrienne's POV

FUCK. I can't tell him. Can I? How will he react? Shit. I don't need this right now.

"Well......that guy who was here."

"Yea." Billie said and gave me the look of 'Go on.'

"Well he was a..........a......ex boyfriend. Yep he was one of my ex boyfriends from Junior High." I said being proud of myself thinking of that.

"Really?"

"Yes Billie." I couldn't handle this. I can't believe I lied to him.

"I don't believe you?"

"Why not?" I asked. Great...he saw right through me.

"Because I just don't. Tell me the truth."

"OK promise you won't freak out."

"Yes I promise.

"OK well the reason I'm a little awkward around him is because....."