Stuck With Me

Raging Testosterone Levels

Somehow we managed to haul a full shopping cart plus the furniture out to my truck and threw all the stuff in the back, securing it all down with bungee cords.

“I’m meeting Adie in…a half an hour,” Ana stated, glancing at her watch as she boosted herself up onto the passenger’s seat. “Off to the mall!”

The first thing that caught Sam’s eye when we walked into the Oakland Promenade Mall was the ice cream counter to the far right.

“Mommy! Daddy! I want ice cream!” he cried.

“I’ll have a scoop of…that,” Ana pointed to a flavor behind the glass.

“And I’ll have a double scoop of the mint chocolate chip,” I said. “Now what do you want Sam?”

Of course, like young kids tend to do, he ended up choosing the most colorful ice cream out of all the choices, Superman. I had a feeling that half of it was going to end up on his face and shirt.

“Ok, and he’ll have a single scoop of superman in a cup.”

We paid and sat down to eat.

“Mmm…Mike, try this!” Ana handed me her cone so that I could have a taste.

“What is it?”

“Chocolate wedding cake.”

I tried it and smiled. “It tastes exactly like our wedding cake.”

She leaned across the table and we kissed, remembering the fateful day we had been joined in holy matrimony and how, after cutting our chocolate wedding cake, we had started a cake fight and almost ruined Ana’s wedding dress.

The ice cream was gone in no time at all, melting away into our stomachs and leaving us all satisfied.

I saw Adie approaching us from the swinging doors at the end of the food court and waved to her. Ana swung around in her chair and smiled in greeting, waving as well.

“Ready to shop ‘till you drop?” Adie asked happily. Her purse bounced up and down as she walked, and I could hear the melody of jingling change. She was ready to shop.

“Hopefully I don’t actually drop, that could put the little one in jeopardy, but let’s go!” Ana rose, grabbed a handful of cash from my outstretched hand and they left to wander the mall.

“Don’t be too hard on yourself, I don’t want our baby to end up like scrambled eggs!” I called after her. I could hear them laughing in the distance.

*Temporarily switches to Ana’s point of view*

“Jeez!” I huffed, clutching my stomach as I struggled to keep up with my friend. “I’m already about to drop and my wallet isn’t even empty yet!”

“In that case, let’s make a break for the escalator.” She grabbed a hold of my wrist and gently pulled me behind her. The escalator ride up to the second floor allowed me a decent amount of time to catch my breath and after the little ride we chose a maternity store called “Little Wonders” to start out in.

Almost immediately, a red dress with a gemstone covered wraparound belt caught my eye.

“Ohh!” I exclaimed, rushing over to the rack. Trying to estimate what size I would be by the end of my pregnancy was almost impossible for me, but, as always, Adie came to my aid.

“I would choose…this one.” She held it up from the rack. “Not so big that you’ll be drowning in it, but it leaves a little room for stretching.

“I’ll take it!” I figured that there would be no need to try it on considering that I hadn’t grown much yet, so I grabbed a shopping cart and draped it over the side.

Twenty five minutes later, I had picked out several shirts for all occasions, blue jeans, two skirts, and the dress. I had headed towards the cash register to pay for my new things when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see that it was Adie, and that she was holding up a black v-neck maternity shirt with embroidered sleeves up to her torso.

“Wouldn’t this look great on me?” she winked. For a moment I was puzzled as to why she was checking out maternity clothes, but when I came into realization my mouth slid open and my eyes widened.

“Adie!” I squealed. She smiled from ear to ear. “You’re…?”

“Yes! Just over two months!” she exclaimed happily.

“Does Billie know?”

“Not yet, but I plan to tell him tonight. I don’t know exactly how he’ll handle it. He might be inhumanly happy, or he might be mad that we forgot to use a condom, I don’t know. It’s hard to tell with Billie…he has an odd personality.”

“Why wouldn’t he be happy?”

“Because we weren’t initially planning on having any more kids.”

“Well, if it makes him angry, blame it on his raging testosterone levels.”

She laughed, and we both paid for our things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another one.