The My Chemical Romance Study Guide

MCR and Mirror Mansion: Chapter 3

Play the song during this chapter. I don't care if you already know it. It'll make you laugh.
-
They decided to leave all three Rays on the bus when they arrived at Lens Land. Frank was off the bus first, eager to find something to amuse himself.

“Hey! A giant magnifying glass!” he shouted, running over to said magnifying glass. Seeing a white circle of sunlight being focused on the sidewalk, he smiled evilly and placed an ant on the spot. It immediately caught fire and began running in circles.

“Frank! That’s not very nice!” cried Mikey, running up to him. Frank shrugged.

“It’s fun though.”

“Hey, I can’t see anything at all!” shouted Bob. He was standing on the other side of the lens. “You guys are totally invisible!”

“That’s because they’re standing at the lens’s focal length,” said a dark voice behind him. “Technically, you are too.” He slowly turned around, and his eyes widened.

“It’s the old man from scene twenty-four!” yelled Bob, pointing at him accusingly.

“I’m thirty-seven! I’m not old!” the man snapped. “Anyway, like I was saying, if you place an object at the focal point of a lens, it will be focused to infinity and you won’t see anything. It’s very simple, really.”

“What about this one?!” Frank asked excitedly, scampering over to another giant piece of glass.

“That’s a concave lens,” the man explained. “It’s the exact opposite of a concave mirror. It diffuses light instead of focusing it.”

“Well what good is that?” Bob asked skeptically.

“They make good contacts…” the man mumbled, shuffling his foot nervously. “And…like…telescopes and stuff…IDK, MY BFF ROSE!!” He suddenly ran off, leaving behind three very confused band members.

“This has just been a weird day altogether,” said Frank as they walked back to the bus. “Our lead guitarist is a schizo, our lead singer is the worst teacher on the face of the earth, we blew up a tour guide, and we still don’t know anything about lenses or mirrors.”

“Yeah, we’re so gonna fail our Physics test tomorrow!” cried Mikey. Bob suddenly stopped walking.

“But Gerard’s not our Physics teacher,” he said slowly. “He’s only a substitute.” Frank smiled evilly.

“Anyone for a game of Sink the Sub?” The other band members agreed immediately.

Gerard never did get all the cheese out of his hair.
-
Lines from Monty Python and the Holy Grail are not mine.