You Asked

One

Sunday. 15. October

We're playing in Victoria tonight, the club smells of sex and our set sucked. My voice has been giving out for a few days not and I should probably get it checked. I help Jacob pack up his drum set while my band mates go off to find me something to eat, I'm busying myself so I don't have to think about a way to get out of the delicious nourishment they're going to offer. I haven't been able to keep anything down.

"Lacey," Darren shouts my name holding up a McDonald’s bad - I think I'm going to puke. "What are you doing?" He asks as I rush past him into a bathroom.

Someone follows me in and rubs my back as I vomit up as much as possible them dry heave. Tears form, I don't know what’s wrong with me and it's terrifying.

"Baby what’s wrong?" It's my mom's voice; I didn't know she was coming tonight.

Sighing I wipe my mouth, "I don't know, I've been feeling dreadful all week." Groaning I keel over again.

"Happy 19th," I've completely forgotten it's my birthday.

"Thanks," I freely wipe the tears from my eyes.

Mom wraps he arms around my stomach; I can't describe how much I've missed her.

She let's go only when I've finished crying, "I bet this all because you've been away from home to long."

"Probably," it's been to long. Four months away from home, touring has been stressful, things started happening.

- - -

"Lace you okay?" Jordyn's lean arms momentarily envelop me in a hug.

He finds it awkward touching me when my moms around.

"Yeah fine," I keep his warm hand laved with mine, something about his touch keeps me calm, "let's go," I pull him over to a group of people our friends are with to say goodbye.

Finally I give mom a hug and promise to see her tomorrow.

Jordyn leads me from the venue out into the frosty air and to his car. He opens the passenger door for me and we fall into our own rhythm like I’d never been gone. Turning on the heat as soon as the car has started is one of them.

“I love you,” Jordyn says freely, giving my hand a squeeze.

“Love you too,” I lean over and give his cheek a peck and can feel when it goes red.

His house is an apartment right in the downtown core. I love his apartment, each wall is covered in his work – painting, photographs, and everything is colourful. All I have to do is place a foot inside and instantly I feel more alive then before.

“Comon’ sweetheart, we have to go inside,” Jordyn’s soft voice wakes me from a sleep.
Slowly I unbuckle my seatbelt and climb out of the car only to be met by a freezing wind and Jordyn’s outstretched arms. Gently he lifts me up and carries me up to the second floor of his building. He placed me into his bed, puts pajamas on me and finally turns the lights off. His arms wrap around me, this is where I want to be.

- - -

My cell phone goes off much to early waking me from my sleepy reprieve. The night before had been pure bliss; Jordyn has been so gentle with me.

“I love you,” I mumble when he moves beside me.

“Mmm,” he sighs rolling over to kiss me.

It doesn’t take long for the kiss to deepen, for me to try and kiss back with as much passion as he’s putting forth. I bring my lips down to kiss his naked chest, from his bellybutton to the base of his collarbone. Jordyn moans every time I make contact with his skin. I need to stop this, halt it before neither of us could turn back. Taking my lips from his neck I kiss his lips once more and lie back onto my pillow.

That’s when I’m given the time to survey that changed Jordyn’s made to his bedroom. On the ceiling are glow in the dark stars that he’s had as long as I’ve known him. To the left of the bed are five beautifully crafted guitars; Jordyn had to get specially made to be left-handed. The last thing I notice is on the wall right in front of where I’m lying is a sketch of myself – I’m laughing and there’s a yellow buttercup sitting behind my ear. The picture he sketched it from was taken last March.

“Happy belated birthday,” Jordyn says into my ear startling me from my daze, “I got you something.”

There’s no point arguing that being with his like this is enough, he wouldn’t accept it. So instead he slides from under the sheets and goes out of the room to get my gift.

“Here,” a box wrapped in bright green paper is placed on the duvet above my lap.

I peel back the wrap excruciatingly slow, I’m trying to get a reaction from Jordyn they’re always so funny.

It’s working, “Just open it Lave I’m dying. Please!” He starts to bounce on the best like a kid who’s had red food dye of something.

Finally the box is opened and sitting in front of me is a photo album with page upon page of my boyfriends beautiful photographs. Each one is so crucial to all the memories of days I’d spent with him. The cover to the album is uniquely designed by him as well, it’s black with textured of multi-coloured light dancing all over it. My name is entangled in the entire mask of the design.

Several tears escape to fall onto Jordyn’s hand, which is placed over mine.

He stroked my fingers, “Don’t cry, I hate it when you cry,” I turn so he can place a light kiss onto my forehead.

This is what it’s about, the singular moments when all the stars are perfectly aligned; holding hands, light kisses, cuddling, the gifts that are so genuine, everything fits. Not hot sex 24/7, or drinking until you puke, being so baked everything just seems funny, it’s about the things that wouldn’t matter to other people.
♠ ♠ ♠
It'll get better I promise.