Two Cent Hearts

You're Gonna Hate Me For This

You know when you're dreaming and something in your dream is really happening in real life? Like, someone saying your name over and over. Well, that never happens to me.

I guess I'm not a dreamer.

But this once I was dreaming that I was falling and falling and when I woke up, I hit the floor.


I was in some hotel room, the only way I could tell was because it wasn't familiar. Another thing I was sure of, I was utterly wasted. As I crawled on my hands and knees to what I could only presume was the bathroom I tried to figure out how much I must of drank to still be drunk in the morning, but it made my throbbing head swim. I nudged the door open with the heel of my palm and slowly made my way over to the toilet, groaning as I leaned my head over it.

Just a precaution, I told myself, but I knew that really I would end up throwing up. I clutched the edge of the lavatory and squeezed my eyes shut, swaying lightly.

"Oh, just be sick already," I whimpered to myself, swallowing and noting my dry mouth.

"Here," A familiar voice said. Frank crouched beside me and handed me a glass of water. I pressed it to my cheek, hoping to bring down my temperature. "Um, it's to drink," He said, I could hear his smile.

"I'm sorry Frank. I've been on another bender haven't I?" I said weakly. He frowned and stared at the glass, choosing to help me drink rather than answer.

"You could say that, yeah," He agreed, taking the glass from me. "Gee, about last night…” He began, in a bleak tone. I held up my hand.

“Hold that thought,” I half-whispered, half-groaned, before jerking my head over the lavatory and heaving. Frank rubbed my back with his warm hand while I emptied my stomach. I wouldn’t be surprised if my liver came up with it all. Shaking, I withdrew and recoiled into the corner of the room, so I could lean on the walls. I closed my eyes, resting my scrambled head against the tiles.

“Gee…” Frank said, following me and crouching beside me again. I managed to open my eyes enough to see him. I swallowed dryly when I saw his bare torso. Oh, please don’t let him be naked. It’s bad enough that I am. He gently stroked my forehead, clearing it of cold sweat. I felt pathetic. If I had enough energy to blush, I would’ve done. Frank noticed my discomfort anyway and hastily pulled his hand away.

“It’s okay if I’m being too, y’know, I’m sorry, just say. I mean, you must be messed up. Shit, I am too. A lot’s happened. Maybe we should talk,” He stuttered hastily. I gave him a bemused look and he turned red. “No, maybe you should take a shower, or sleep, or go see, umm….” He trailed off. I wondered what was wrong with him. Sure, it was an uncomfortable situation, but Frank had dealt with me like this before, it’s not like he has any reason to be any more awkward this time.

“Shower sounds good about now,” I decided, pushing myself to my feet and wavering over to the shower. I climbed in and turned it on after a bit of fumbling. I turned around under the hot spray and saw Frank watching me, a vacant expression on his face. I saw he wasn’t naked, but wearing jeans. I giggled faintly. “Jeez, Frank. I can wash myself,” He nodded but didn’t look away.

I felt weird. What was up with him? He wasn’t my babysitter. I turned around so I was instead showing Frank my ass, but at least all I could see was the wall. I wondered how I would explain to Eliza that I’d got wasted and not gone back to our room. To be honest, I’m surprised she didn’t come find me.

A strange, but undeniably painful stabbing wrenched in my chest. For a few seconds, I didn’t, couldn’t breathe. I turned off the shower, wrapped a towel around my waist and looked back at Frank. Another stab, not as painful this time, or maybe it was more because for some reason this one didn’t shock me as much.

“We-“ I swallowed hard, my mouth even drier. Frank’s face was as vacant as before; he watched me hesitantly. “We did it didn’t we? Like, the real thing?” My heart had either given up completely or was beating so fast and hard it had crashed through my ribs. He…(could I even think his name?) he bit his lip and looked at his feet, closing his eyes as he nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the hold up.

Let the drama begin.

Pistol_GeeBuckz
xoxoxo