Exit 57

[Exit 57 intro]

"Kevin, please just tell me what's wrong? Since when have you kept things from me? You know you can tell me anything."

Nikki leaned back into the seat and crossed her arms. She didn't know what was into Kevin. He had no problem telling her every little detail of him getting carsick last week, and now he keeps quiet?

They had known each other since they were seven. He was Kevin Jonas to the rest of the world, but to her, he was just Kevin. Her best friend. The guy who listened to all of her boy problems and never failed to give those boys a piece of his mind. Since Nikki was an only child, she basically considered Kevin to be her brother.

Nikki got up to throw out her gum. As the bus sped up, she lost her balance a bit, her long brown hair getting in her face. She was used to the sways and bumps of the bus, because she practically lived there. She was close with the whole Jonas family. She still remembered the first time Kevin had invited her to go on tour with them, about four years ago.

Since she was finished with high school now, and she wasn't into the whole "college thing", she got a job with the Jonas' as a "details coordinator". The job wasn't demanding at all. The only thing she had to do was call and confirm specific plans with hotels or venues that Mr. Jonas had already made. If there was some problem, she turned the phone over to Mr. Jonas. This job took twenty minutes a day, tops. She knew that her job wasn't really needed on tour, and she was grateful that they made this position specifically for her so she'd have an excuse to be on the road with them.

Since Nikki's parents only had one child, who was touring with a rock band, they had taken up traveling. They'd been to four continents so far, and planned to visit the last three within the next three years. She still talked with them almost every day, and whenever they were back home in New Jersey, so was Nikki. She was thankful that they'd been so supportive of her decision to go on the road.
They were close with the whole Jonas clan, and they considered Kevin as a son, just as the Jonas' considered Nikki as a daughter.

"Whatever, Kev. You've been acting weird all day, and I know something's wrong. If you're not going to tell me, then I'm going to bed. Night."

Nikki turned to walk back to the bunks. She put her hands in position to pull herself up when she heard Kevin finally speak.

"Eminoverchooog."

"What, Kevin? Eminem's a Jew?"

"No. I said…."

"What, Kev? Just please, tell me." He was really starting to worry her. Nikki had walked back to Kevin and sat next to him on the seat, facing him. Kevin took a deep breath and played with his watch, which was his nervous habit.

"I said…. I said that I'm in love with you. I think so, at least. I know how close we are, and I don't want it to be weird between us. But I've liked you for so long and I just wanted you to know."

Nikki's eyes widened. This was totally NOT what she was expecting to hear come out of Kevin's mouth. She stared at her best friend, the boy she considered to be her brother, and had no idea what to say. She tried to formulate words, but she couldn't. She knew she had to say something in reply, so she said exactly what was on her mind.

"Oh, shit."
  1. Exit 57 Chapter One
  2. Exit 57 Chapter Two
  3. Exit 57 Chapter Three
    This is kind of filler-ish. And short. Sorry, There's cussing in here, but not a lot at all
  4. Exit 57 Chapter Four
    This one should make up for the last short one! :)
  5. Exit 57 Chapter Five
  6. Exit 57 Chapter Six
  7. Exit 57 Chapter Seven
    Nikki's relationship status. She's single. I never went into her breakup with her boyfriend, but she's single. I tried to make it clear with the part where "she had either had a boyfriend, liked someone, or Kevin was too afraid" or whatever I said
  8. Exit 57 Chapter Eight
  9. Exit 57 Chapter Nine
  10. Exit 57 Final Chapter
    Here is the last chapter, with an extra side of cheese.