Life Is Full of Surprises

Running away with panic

My eyes widened when I saw him, I panicked even more.

“Hey baby I’m back.” The man said while still grabbing my both wrists tightly, I gasped at the strength he was putting into my body. I was lying on the floor with him on top of me holding my both wrists.

A lot of things were racing in my mind. Who could he be, what did he want. I couldn’t figure out anything about his face and my heart was racing too much for me to handle.

He seemed obsessed with me, he didn’t look anywhere else. Could he be one of those crazy paparazzi, or even some fan? I tried to see something about his face but he didn’t get loose of his grip on my wrists. I had been taken out of nowhere so I was too shocked

“JARED!” I yelled in despair but his hand quickly covered my mouth.

“No baby. Nobody is going to take me away from you. I can’t believe you’re actually with him. He doesn’t deserve you like I do!” The guy said leaning in closer to my lips but I just moved my head not letting his lips meet mine.

He smirked at my move but he kept searching for my lips, I bit his hand and I screamed

“JARED HELP ME!!” I yelled again looking with wide eyes at the guy not knowing what would happen to me.

The guy shook his head and then he grabbed my chin and he smashed his lips with mine, I tried to get away but he was holding me. When he pulled away I felt disgusting

“Get away FROM ME! You’re disgusting!!” I yelled at him tried to get free from his grip.

“Oh come on don’t say that. I was the first person you gave an autograph to remember?!” The guy said taking his hoodie off, showing his face. He had black hair with red tips just like Jared had in the From Yesterday video and green eyes.

“GET AWAY FROM ME! “ I said and then I saw the doorknob turn but it was locked.

Moments later someone was kicking the door and forcing it to open.

“Paty! Don’t worry love I’m here.” Jared said, I signed lightly relieved when the guy’s eyes turned to me with anger.

“He’s not taking you from me!” He said standing, I took my chance and I kicked his knee making him fall. Then Jared bursted open the door with Shannon behind him and Jo with a baseball bat in her hands. I was shaking in the corner, with my knees pushed to my chest and my head resting on top of them.

“I’ll come to take you. You’re mine Patrícia!” The guy said running away from Jared and Shannon.

Jo went to help me while Jared and Shannon ran after the guy. Later I was on the couch, with a blanket rapped all over me and a cup of warm milk on my hand. I was still blank and shocked. Why did he appear now that everything was going so perfectly?

Jared and Shannon were ‘secretly’ talking on the corner. Jared pacing around the room cursing like crazy he was really mad and Shannon was also mad but he was trying to calm Jared down. I felt weak and for what I had figured the guy managed to run away from them.

Jared was worried and on top of all Jo and Shannon seemed to be getting better but I didn’t had the time to ask anything and they all seemed worried about the possibility of the guy coming again.

Jo sat on my side and I just started to cry while she grabbed my hands on hers.

“Jo I can’t… I can’t believe.” I said tears going down my cheeks, Jo just hold tighter to me.

“Pats I’m with you. I will always be. This is just a bad moment you're stronger than this don’t worry everything’s going to be fine.” Jo said hugging me tighter and letting me cry in her shoulder.

I was so depressed and Jared just kept looking at me with guilt written all over his face, he was blaming himself for what happened but all of us knew it wasn’t our fault. Shannon just paced around the room with his drum sticks in his hands before starting to furiously hit in the wall with the drum sticks. Everybody stared at me while I got up from the couch and walked towards him

“Don’t waste such good drum sticks.” I said taking the drum sticks from his hands calmly and smiling warmly at him, he smiled and hugged me

I’m sorry I wasn’t here to protect you but I promise that I’ll do my best from now on. Please bring my Paty back, the Paty who’s always laughing and having a good time even in the worst days. The Paty that has a great heart and that is the most optimist person in the world” Shannon said so only I could hear, I smiled and I nodded.

A tear rolled down my cheek with the emotion on Shannon’s words, Shannon whipped that away and I saw in his eyes that he had been worried. Then I looked at Jo and then at Shannon and they knew I needed to talk to Jared and explain him everything so they went to the kitchen.

Jared stood from the couch that he had been and I felt so small near him. When he was standing in front of me, I just wrapped my arms around his neck and I rested my head in his chest, he wrapped his arms around my waist and he came even closer to me.

“It’s okay.” Jared said kissing my head, I just hold tighter to him and I cried again. I felt stupid for crying because of that piece of junk but he had scared me and he had brought bad memories back so there was nothing I could do against agony.

We stood there, Jared just holding me not saying anything but then he raised my chin and our eyes met. He smiled warmly and then we kissed sweetly. He picked me up and he sat on the couch with me in his lap.

“I’m with you. I love you so much and I can’t believe how I let that maniac attack you. I’m sorry.” Jared said looking away, I made him look at me and I kissed him lightly

“Don’t worry, it’s over. You are the most important and my friends support is also important.” I said resting my forehead in his, and then his hand intertwining with mine making us both smile.