Life Is Full of Surprises

Halloween birthday

When I woke up, Jared was still asleep so I got off bed without making a noise. It was 10.30 am and today was the day I had to rehearse The Kill for Jared’s party.

“Morning bro.” I said calling Shannon

“Morning Paty. Can I pick you up?” Shannon answered

“I’m leaving Jared a note so he doesn’t suspect but what can I tell him?” I asked him

“Tell him that your father needs you for something he didn’t say.” Shannon said

“Good one bro. thinking fast.” I said laughing and writing the note.

I hanged up, and I dressed quickly. Minutes later Shannon was on my door step waiting for me. I was going to meet Tomo, Shannon and Tim to rehearse The Kill. I was really unsure if I should do it. I didn’t want to ruin my favorite song but Jared deserved this kind of surprise.

We went towards my dad’s house, the attic had a lot of space to put out the drums and the guitars so it was a good place.

I was only singing to the guys sense my sister and Jo went to buy their gifts for me. I was nervous, I had never sang to them before, they were all musicians and I was just Paty.

“Paty breathe ok?” Tomo said sitting next to me on floor. He was right I was almost not breathing I didn’t know why I was so damn nervous

“What about if I suck?” I asked him with worry all over my face. I wanted to make them proud and most of all surprise Jared.

“You won’t suck. Believe me.” Tomo said, I signed.

Shannon was ready with his drum sticks in hand, Tomo had his guitar and Tim was just waiting. We were trying the acoustic version first and then the ‘concert’ version.

“Ready?” Shannon said. I nodded and Tomo started to play.

I sang The Kill with my eyes closed. When I ended they were all staring

“Did I suck that much?” I asked with wide eyes

“No… No you didn’t. It was just perfect.” Tomo said hugging me

“Let me tell you Jared will be so proud. You sang it with so much emotion I can’t explain.” Shannon said smiling widely at me.

I stood and hugged both. And then jumping on Tim.

“I did it! YEAH I DID IT DUDE!” I said yelling and jumping making the guys laugh.

“What did you do?” Jo said, I stopped and smiled at her

“Oh my God Jo! I did it! I sang the Kill!” I said looking at her.

She smiled because she knew the entire story behind that song. For me it was the most perfect song ever, though I liked many others. The Kill was special, it was connected to every important moment in my life and besides when I bumped into Jared I was listening to The Kill so that made the song even more special.

“We weren’t here to listen. Do you mind singing another song?” Bia said

“Sure sis. Just ask.” I said sitting on the floor. I felt tired for no reason maybe because I haven’t had any breakfast yet.

“Well Oblivion is a good one and Was it a dream is emotional.” Bia said looking at Tomo, who blushed and started playing Oblivion.

I was lying on the floor lazily but still singing. Then was it a dream but the ‘concert’ version. I stood and sang it the best I could.

“So am I approved?” I asked bowing and laughing. Everyone clapped

“Oh shit! Paty we need to go meet the crew from the boat!” Shannon yelled from the living room, my eyes widened and I dressed my coat.

Shannon and I went to talk to the crew and set everything.

“Good morning.” I said shaking the captain’s hand, while Shannon did the same.

“So Mr. Leto called us and he told us about your idea. It’s very different from anything that I and my crew have ever done. What do you plan to do?” The Captain asked me.

“Well I was planning to hold the party here at night while the boat navigates by the Portuguese coast. In the end we port at the place we start, Lisbon.” I said at him, they all seemed much focused on what I was saying.

“Agreed. We’ll do it. Now you just have to go meet the lady down the hallway because she’s desperate about the decorations.” The captain said pointed and smiling.

Shannon and I laughed and walked down the hallway. We saw a woman pacing around the room, with a lot of papers on a table

“Good morning.” I said looking at her, she looked back and smiled nervously

“You must be Patrícia. Nice to meet you. Oh Mr. Leto how are you?” The woman said

“I’m fine. I hope you don’t mind but we still have things to settle so we are in a little of a hurry.” Shannon said.

We sat on a table and decided that Jared would enter blindfolded and led to a balcony from where he could see that he was on a boat. The colors would be around reds, blacks and whites. There would be a part with tables and a restaurant where everyone could have dinner or just a snack, the menu included vegetarian food of course, some pastas, a course of meat and a course of grilled fish. The rest was up to Tomo who would give the restaurant crew some tips on the stuff.

Shannon and Tim would be controlling the area where the stage was and from where the concerts were being given. We were having Placebo starting, followed by Nine Inch Nails, U2, Bon Jovi, Damien Rice and Coldplay ending. When in fact I was ending but I didn’t want to think about it because I got too nervous.

I had the idea of turning Jared’s party into a Halloween party. Everyone just come masked and well the decorations should be around pumpkins, spider webs and normal Halloween stuff.

We finished talking to the lady and deciding all the small details and surprises I and Shannon had figured.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Lost Cause for the comments :D