Life Is Full of Surprises

Memories and old 'friends'

Jared walked me home where Shannon, Jo and Tomo were excitedly waiting.

“Hi guys.” I said waving with one hand while the other was holding to Jared’s hand. Everyone smiled while Shannon grinned.

“Thanks mastermind.” I said to Shannon sitting beside him on the couch.

“You’re welcome. I missed that smile.” Shannon said making me laugh. He always had something to say no matter what.

“Paty what about some PlayStation 2 competition?” Shannon said

“I thought you’d never ask!” I said excitedly and running to my room to bring my games.

We played for hours having by turns. I had to face Shannon but after me, Tomo had to face him. I went to the kitchen to find Jared staring out of the window

“J? Something wrong?” I asked him embracing him from behind, hearing his breathing get faster at my embrace

“In 2 days I have to leave with the guys. I don’t want to leave you.” Jared said turning with his icy blue eyes looking directly into my black eyes.

He had been deeply thinking about it. He wanted to see his big family again. The Echelon from every country, the fans and all the emotion that every concert gives him. But this time I was on the way. I didn’t want to push him back because I knew that besides acting Jared loved singing. I supported him though I knew I would cry when he left.

“Hun we both know it’s gonna cost but it’s what makes you happy.” I said trying to cheer him up. I cupped him face in my hands

“Besides next week I’ll start rolling Adam’s movie remember?” I said to him so he knew I wouldn’t be at home depressing myself.

“Yeah I know. But it would so cool if you came with us…” Jared said.

I wished I could go. It would be at least 8 months without them. We would miss dates and moments. But deep down I knew it would be worth it because then I will see if Jared love’s me truly or not.

“Everything’s gonna be just fine. Don’t worry be happy.” I said smiling at the last part making Jared smile while kissing my neck.

“You’re too much for me.” Jared said. We kissed and I took him towards the living room.

Everyone ended up sleeping in my house wherever they wanted. I went to my room and directly to bed. I was almost asleep when I felt an arm go around my hips and start tickling my stomach. I started laughing like crazy when I saw Jared like a mad man tickling me.

“Jared… JARED! STOP!!” I start tears starting to fall from my eyes of so much laughter.

Jared stopped looking at me. I smiled innocently and leaning in towards his neck. He was ticklish there but he thought I didn’t know it. After tickling each other we smiled and we fell asleep tomorrow would be a big day.

Next morning

“Morning!” Jared said kissing me sweetly.

“LET ME SLEEP!! IT’S TOO EARLY!” I yelled at him making him laugh.

“We’ll sleep when we're dead!” Jared said putting his hands under my body and lifting me up in his arms. I moved my legs lightly, I felt tired and I definitely needed more sleep.

Jared took me to the bathroom and we showered together. I lazily went towards the kitchen surprisingly everyone was already up and helping with breakfast.

“Well since today is your last day here I thought that it was a good idea to show you the first place where I acted.” I said smiling, I was talking about an old theater.

“That would be great!” Jared said hugging me from behind leaving everyone looking at us and Shannon smirking, I smirked back at the sight of his arm around Jo’s shoulder

After dressing I took Jared to the theater since Shannon wanted some time with Jo and Tomo went with my sister to some game stores.

We reached the old building and I took Jared thrown the back door, I looked behind the dark blue curtain and on the stage floor was a circle of young actors and in the middle my ‘mentor’. He was standing and talking, he did that a lot.

That man, Rudi was one of the most important persons on my life because he helped me choose though he always repeating the word actress in my ears. He was the first person to encourage me to accept the movie proposal because deep inside he knew that my dream was bigger than this theater walls. It was hard for him to let his little protégé go but he knew that it was a chance of a life time.

I took Jared silently to the dressers and all of my things were still there. The outfits were intact, I loved them.

“This is from my first appearance in that stage.” I said

“I was about 15 and I played Juliet. I know it sounds cheesy but I always loved that story.” I said grabbing the light blue dress and examining it. Jared kissing me smiling warmly.

“I feel so good right now because you’re showing me another important part of your life, the theater.” Jared said, I grabbed his hand and took him behind the curtain again.

I was watching the actors play small parts of scripts. Rudi was testing them like he once did to me, suddenly all of them went to the audience seats and Rudi climbed to the stage and looked at the spot where I was

“Patrícia TO THE STAGE!” Rudi said, like he always did when I was a teenager.

I gulped and smiled at Jared. I passed the curtain and a smile was on Rudi’s lips.

“I missed you little monster.” Rudi said hugging me. I hugged him back

“Hey sunny boy come here.” Rudi said and Jared passed the curtain and walked very timidly. He shook Rudi’s hand and Rudi sent him to sit on the audience seats.

Some girls were screaming and almost fainting until I glared at them, then smiled. Those were the new talents.

“So why are you here? I don’t see you for ages! Big movie star now I guess.” Rudi said, I shook my head in disbelieve

“I’m here because I was showing Jared where I acted for the first time and because you’re the perfect person to tell stuff about me. How did you know I was here?” I asked him.

Rudi grabbed my hand and pulled me down gently and we sat on the stage floor.

“Don’t you think I wouldn’t recognize that sparkle in your eyes?” Rudi said smiling, I giggled.

“So anyone wants to know why I call her little monster?” Rudi asked and his new ‘actors’ cheered all winking at me. A bunch of freaky kids.

“Well when I met her 5 years ago, she had lost someone very important. I didn’t know that when I saw her but the first thing that I noticed was that she was very shy. Now look at her!” Rudi said making me laugh.

He knew me too well and Jared was noticing that, he didn’t feel comfortable.

“Remember Juliet’s dance? That girl there is playing Juliet this year.” Rudi said pointing at a blond haired girl, she waved and I smiled back. Rudi stood up and Blake came towards me pulling me to him. Blake was the average stud. He had long blonde hair, blue eyes, tanned body and he was cute.

He was very full of himself and that made me despise him, though he played Romeo which made him fall in love with me. But that was like 5 years ago. Blake put an arm around my waist and he intertwined his other hand with mine and he started dancing with me. I blushed at the same time that I spotted Jared standing up to leave the theater. Blake smirked and stopped, I looked at him pissed. I waved at everyone and I ran outside looking for Jared. Blake always provoked my boyfriends or any guy that game close to me

“Jared!” I yelled outside the theater. Great he was leaving tomorrow and he was mad at me, for that asshole.

“Hottie..” Blake said backing me to the wall, I shrunk looking him in the eyes, he was smirking. I hated him so much that I wished I had a bat in my hands

“Let me go! Why do you always ruin everything?” I asked him. I was talking about the Juliet and Romeo play because he forced me to kiss him once when it wasn’t written to be like that, but Rudi liked it and included that scene! I was so pissed that my temper became worst. I wasn’t so bad tempered all of my life Blake made everything worse.

“Because I love you. Let the celeb boy go.” Blake said leaning in. I kicked him in the stomach and smirked at him

“He’s not a celeb boy he’s the man I love. GET A LIFE!” I said while running away from him. I found Jared walking to the beach, that I had showed him some days ago.

“Jared?” I said kneeling beside him in the sand. Jared stood and took his jacket off and started running towards the water. I raised and eyebrow but followed him to see where this crazy idea was taking us.

I had told him that the beach was one of my favorites places and that everyone called me ‘fish’ because I spent hours in the water. I was confused, was he mad? Was he disappointed?

Jared turned suddenly with a evil grin on his face, I smiled weakly and I starting running, but running with a pair of All Stars on the sand it not the smartest thing. Jared caught me and picked me in his arms.

“I think it’s time for a little swim.” Jared said, I glared at him

“Jared Joseph don’t even think about that! I’ll beat your..” I was cut off by his lips and then by the refreshing sensation of our bodies inside the cold water. I came to the surface to find Jared waving on the sand completely wet.

I glared while he dived into the water again. He disappeared for some minutes and suddenly my leg was pulled down making my whole body go inside the water. I was in shock so I hadn’t time to breathe and without a warning Jared’s lips came in contact with mine, we came to the surface

“Jared what’s gotten in to you?” I said laughing

“Love I guess and after what you said to that Blake guy.” Jared said walking with me out of the water, I looked at him amused

“I didn’t say anything you didn’t knew already. You really are my man.” I said smiling, Jared smiled too and kissed me.

“Come sweet cheeks!” Jared said carrying me on his shoulder and running making me laugh.

We arrived at my house and everyone was there. Shannon grinned at us, all wet.

“Someone had fun.” Shannon said, I stuck my tongue out at him and went to my room to take a shower and change.

I changed into a pair of light purple pajama trousers and a grey shirt. I lied on the couch while Shannon and Jo got some what comfy, making out on a corner. I coughed and went to my balcony smirking at them.

Tonight was my last night with these guys, tomorrow was going to be hard.