Life Is Full of Surprises

I love you

I called Damien.

“Damien! Thank God you answered. Are you in New York already?” I asked sounding worried.

“Paty… I don’t know how to tell you...” he said speechless.

“You know you can tell me anything. Be it good or bad, I’m always here for you Damien, you’re my best friend.” I said very emotional with my own words.

“Promise me that you will not come to N.Y and that you will go on with your life and that you will keep that way of seeing life that you have. And that you will continue to pursue your dreams like you always did, even when you lost someone very important.” he said nervous and crying.

“Why in the world do you want me to promise that?” I asked confused and crying I knew something was wrong with Jack but I didn’t want to thing about that.

“JUST PROMISE ME PATRÍCIA!!Damien saying screaming on the phone.

“This has to do with Jack doesn’t it?? If it’s for him, okay I PROMISE!” I said crying.

“He’s paraplegic. He had a car accident.” Damien said crying.

“What….. Jack?! I’m going to N.Y.” I said running to my room.

“NO! You promised. And besides you have a movie that you need to shot. I’m sorry Paty.” he said with a sad voice.

“You’re right I promised. But tell him that he is very important to me and that I’m always with you both at all times.” I said crying and angry that I couldn’t be with them when they needed me.

“Bye Paty. Kiss and I wish you luck with the movie.” Damien said trying to cheer himself up.

“Thanks Damien, kiss. Bye.” I hanged up the phone and I just cried.

Then I went outside with a cup of hot chocolate and I sat in the garden, with my i-Pod just listening not thinking about anything. Before I could do anything I fell asleep, hours later I woke up and I was inside. I was scared 'But what happened I was outside. Am I becoming a sleepwalker??' I thought but then a figure appeared. Jared, smiling with two cups of hot chocolate in his hands.

“I was worried about you Paty. I don’t see you sense the night I jumped to this room.” he said looking at the window and giving me a cup.

“What happened Paty? You look sad.” he asked sounding worried.

“Damien’s old brother Jack is paraplegic. And I promised that I wouldn’t go to N.Y because Damien made me promise that I would be in the movie and that I would go on with my life. But I fell awful, they need me both of them… ” I said looking at my hands.

“If you promised you have to keep your word and don’t worry I think that they know that the movie is very important to your career and they know that you are always supporting them even if you’re not there.” he said smiling.

“Well next week we’ll start working together.” he said smiling widely.

“I know. When is your plain?” I asked.

“It’s this Sunday at 8 am. Do you want to come with me?” he asked.

“Alright I’ll be glad to go with you, It will be the first time I visit L.A, so I need someone to show me everything” I said smiling.

“With all pleasure my lady.” he said laughing, which made me laugh.

“You look a lot better when you laugh like that. Actually you look beautiful” he said looking me in the eyes.

“Thank You” I said blushing madly making Jared smile.

“Well darling I’m going, I’m starting to pack, because tomorrow it’s going to be a Leto brothers day” he said laughing

“Oh God. You two together are evil!” I said making faces and voices and laughing.

“See you Sunday Jared.” I said and suddenly Jared's lips were on mine passionately, this was the definite kiss that made me realize that he was amazing and that he was there for me as I was there for him. Then he putted his arms around my waist and it became even more passionate. Then he picked me up bridal style and he placed me in the couch, and we just stayed there kissing for a long time.

“Sorry but I really have to go” he said looking sad. I put my hand in his chest and I kissed him once more and then we smiled.

“I love you” he whispered

“I love you more” I whispered back with a huge smile. And then he hugged and gave me another kiss and left.

I was just happy and sad at the same time, when I thought about Damien and Jack being in N.Y in such a bad situation but when I remembered Jared’s words everything was better and he made me truly happy.