Status: Has been on Hiatus due to the huge rush of uni life, but now first year is over, I'm going to do my best to give you lovelies the ending you deserve! =)

Diary of a Reluctant Ruler

Why We Should All Be Lesbians

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The rest of the evening passed in awkward silence and stilted conversation between James, Philippe and I. At the other end of the table, Jade and Nick seemed to be getting along fine, laughing happily together over the desert course.

We all chipped in with the bill, and the three of us followed what seemed like a very happy couple back to the parked car.

It’s not fair!!!

We never get the fairytale…

We drove back in silence, my gaze flitting from streetlamp to streetlamp in the gloom, anxiously trying to avoid watching our driver.

Finally back at the palace, we parted in the foyer without as much as a second glance. I watched jealously as Nick kissed Jade swiftly on the cheek, then frog-marched myself back upstairs to my room.

I sat down at my dresser, throat catching in self-pity.

Head in hands, I moaned softly. Why did nothing ever work out? Why didn’t I take the chances I had? Tomorrow, or the next time I saw James, I would walk right up to him and kiss him! Slam him against a wall if need be. Just get the point across somehow… get it into his thick skull that I really really really do like him.

Yet, as I thought it, I knew I wouldn’t.

Knew I’d always teeter on the brink unless he took the initiative.

Damn all men.

You don’t mean that?

No, I don’t but it helps to say it…

I let my hair down, and it fell around my shoulders, looking far nicer than any of the hair styles I’d forced on it in the past. Why couldn’t James see me like this instead of completely bushed-out with period cramps?! I took off my heels, changed underwear, pulled on the bottom half of my pyjamas, left my dress over the top as I went to brush my teeth.

I’ll tell you what it is.

What?

Why boys never do the things they should.

Why?

Because they’re not female. If they were, they would understand what was going through our heads and be able to make the right decisions for once.

Huh.

And that’s why we should all be lesbians.

Each to their own.

Trouble is, my ‘own’ seems to be James.

I sighed, finished my night-time ritual, and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Say hello to the lovely love and life who is new!

Sorry this is fairly short compared to other chapters! I kind of wrote it as an add-on to the last, but after I'd published it. We're back to regular school-timetable updates now, so see you Saturday-ish!

<3 all commenters, subscribers and readers!

Ivy, xXGreyWingsXx (c) 2008