Status: Has been on Hiatus due to the huge rush of uni life, but now first year is over, I'm going to do my best to give you lovelies the ending you deserve! =)

Diary of a Reluctant Ruler

A French Version Of Seth Green

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
“OLLY!!!!” I yelled, screaming like a teenage girl.

Which I was, so Grandmother would hopefully excuse me.

“PHIL!!!!” she screamed back, catching me in a bone-crushing hug.

Any doubt that we’d still be friends evaporated in seconds of seeing her come out of the terminal. James and I had come to pick her up, as she was staying at the palace for most of Christmas, before heading down to see her parents for New Year.

“How are you?!”

“You’re looking great!”

“You guys finally got together!”

“I have so much to tell you!”

“How’s the new college?!”

“You cut your hair!”

The questions kept going for the whole journey back. Inevitably, neither of us got many answers. Madeleine had cooked a marvellous tea, with a huge chocolate cake for pudding, which made Olly go down and hug her, much to Madeleine’s embarrassment. We took a walk on the terrace, where conversation soon turned to ‘Us’.

“You took your time telling her,” Olly commented, punching her brother in the arm.

“Nice to see you too sis,” James replied, rubbing it gingerly.

“It’s true,” she replied, “I thought you’d missed the train for a while.”

Nice metaphor...

I’m confused.

“Oh Phil! You’ll have to meet Theo!”

“Theo?” I asked.

“He is the most amazing guy ever,” Olly replied, her eyes going wide with enthusiasm, “He’s like a French version of Seth Green!”

“Wow,” I replied, smiling.

“And we need to talk dresses!” she cried, going up a complete octave at the ‘d’ word, “I mean, Christmas Eve is in…” she counted unnecessarily on her fingers, “TWO DAYS!”

James rolled his eyes and began to walk away.

“Hey!” Olly called, grappling with his arm, “You haven’t told me how Mum and Dad are!”

“Oh, they’re great,” James mumbled, “I’m gonna escape now…”

“Oh no you don’t!” Olly cried again.

I laughed as he shot me a fearful look.

“Come on,” I said, catching his other arm.

“Movie night?” Olly asked.

“Most certainly,” I replied.

One DVD-and-popcorn hunt later, and we settled down in the TV room to watch. James reached up and flicked off the light-switch. Now, I’ve only just recently read Twilight, but I think you’ll find the in-a-dark-room-watching-a-film-and-suddenly-unable-to-keep-your-hands-at-your-sides syndrome is universal.

“Oi!” Olly said, as the movie was finishing, “I’m not completely oblivious!”

I felt myself go red, which was a spectacular feat considering that I was already flushed. James just grinned at Olly and deliberately kissed me more.

“Come on!” Olly cried, “I’ve been nice so far, but there’s something innately wrong about seeing my older brother make out with my best friend!”

I pulled away from James obediently.

“Stop it,” I reprimanded him.

James just smirked.

The longing to keep kissing him didn’t melt away. I helped Olly clear away the popcorn and then said goodnight, grabbing James’s hand before he could escape. Silent, I pulled him into the empty, dark library, not bothering to flick the lights on. Unhesitant now, I explored his skin with trembling fingers, tracing the contours of his arms and face, pressing my skin against his, as if through physical contact I could realise that I actually existed. James seemed to sense my tension, and responded similarly, his arms circling round my back.

For once, I opened my eyes as I kissed him, watching his eyelashes flutter with my breath, the heat creep into his skin softly. James opened his eyes briefly, and catching me watching him, smiled against my kiss. He pulled away gently.

Annoyed, I followed him, keeping my lips on his, continuing to kiss him.

“Rose…” he said against my lips, “Phil.”

Slowly, he forced me away. My back pressed against the wall.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“Now you’re getting carried away,” he replied.

“Nothing wrong with that,” I mumbled.

“You’d regret it tomorrow morning,” he commented, eyebrows raised.

You wanna bet?

Don’t say that. Don’t say that ever again.

I sighed, realising that he was talking sense.

“I must admit,” he continued, “I do like the way you attack me with kisses.”

“I don’t attack you with kisses!” I cried, vaguely insulted.

“I said I liked it!” James stressed.

“Yeah but…” I frowned, pouting.

“And I love your frown,” he laughed, brushing my hair out of my eyes.

“What is it with you and my frown?” I cried, wondering how many times he’d told me that.

“I dunno…” he answered, “It just… makes you look… sexy.”

“Sexy?” I squeaked.

“Yeah,” James said, holding me tighter round the waist, “Sexy.”

“I’m…” I gulped, “Sexy?”

“Just a bit,” James smirked, “Why, does that make you feel uncomfortable?”

“No… it’ll just take some getting used to,” I replied.

“Fair enough,” James smiled, “Shall we go to sleep, sexy?”

Static shocked through me, as I misinterpreted what he was saying.

“I didn’t mean that!” James laughed at my shocked expression. “I meant sleep! Good ol’ fashioned closing-of-the-eyes and resting-the-head sleep.”

I smiled, kissing him swiftly.

“There, see!” he laughed.

“What?” I asked.

“Attacking me with kisses,” he explained.

“Oh… I guess I do kinda…”

I smiled at James, kissed him again, and let him lead me out of the library.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a battle over whether to censor this or not... my innocence is ruined.

Thank you to the lovely Marishka for pointing out an 'elusive' mistake!

And hola to the marvellous new Miss Vintage, who is taking Diary 20 chapters at a time!

Ivy, xXGreyWingsXx (c) 2008