Status: Has been on Hiatus due to the huge rush of uni life, but now first year is over, I'm going to do my best to give you lovelies the ending you deserve! =)

Diary of a Reluctant Ruler

Exchanging 'Oof's and 'Ouch's

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Forget Christmas speeding towards us like a cat on speed. It sped past like a leopard on some combined super-mix of speed and steroids. Olly disappeared northwards to visit her parents; she’d stop off here again before leaving for Paris. New Year’s Eve loomed, and my parents had decided to stick to strictly family this year. Felix was back at boarding school in a few days, so Mum seemed to have made ‘family bonding’ a number one priority.

Why isn’t making cake a number one priority?

Cake?

Yes. Cake is important… for growth.

Er, it really isn’t.

It is! I read an article about it helping you to lose weight.

What article was this?

Nature.

What? Hang on, what edition?

April.

The first of April?

Yes… oh. Poo.

“Meredith, your mother asked if you could be upstairs for nine,” asked Mum’s PA, on Wednesday evening; it was the 31st of December, so New Year’s eve this evening.

“Thanks Erica,” I replied, “Is anyone else going to be there?”

“Just family,” she answered.

“Ok, cheers.”

I took a shower, dressed down from my visiting clothes which I’d had on from going into Parliament this afternoon with Dad, and then went to find James. I knocked on his bedroom door but got no answer, so I pushed the door and it swung open. James was sprawled out over his bed, headphones on, eyes closed. I smiled, and crept up to him. Trying not to breathe I leant down and kissed him.

*possessively* My sleeping beauty.

*rolls eyes*

To my surprise, I suddenly found myself flipped onto my back with James on top of me. I blinked. James smirked, taking his headphones off.

“Hello,” he whispered.

“Hi,” I breathed, still a little shocked.

“You look nice,” he said, still whispering.

“Thank you… why are we whispering?”

“I don’t know,” he replied, but didn’t stop.

There was a pause, with my entire awareness taken over by the fact that he was still on top of me, in what would be a very embarrassing position should someone choose this minute to walk in… James made no move, staying where he was, watching me. I felt my breathing quicken as I got caught in his eyes.

Our lips met slowly, James carefully holding himself off me with one arm, wrapping the other around my back. Still kissing, his hand brushed the bare skin of my back between t-shirt and jeans. The brushing turned into a tracing of skin, which turned into a rhythm which translated into my own hands on his back. I hummed happily against his lips, twisting my hands into his shirt and hair.

“Was there something you wanted?” James asked, after we’d caught our breath.

“I can’t remember…” I breathed, forgetting.

“Happy New Year’s eve,” he said idly, after a moment, twisting a piece of my hair between his fingers.

I smiled, kissing his nose. James kissed back, but caught my chin. I laughed, and continued to kiss his face, anywhere except his lips. James growled, trying to catch my lips. I caught his chin just before he could get them.

“I’ve remembered,” I said.

“Remembered what?” he asked, struggling to kiss me.

“We’re having a new-years-family-get-together,” I laughed, as he pulled the most absurd face.

“I’m not family,” he replied.

“Shush,” I frowned, “You’re coming.”

“Is that a command, Princess?” he asked.

“Mmm… yes,” I said, deciding to exercise my princess-ly powers.

“Hmm,” he frowned, “Do I get my head chopped off if I don’t obey?”

“Most certainly,” I said.

“Well, I’ll just have to go then, won’t I?”

“You shall,” I replied primly.

“Any other commands?” he asked.

“Kiss me?” I smiled.

“Oo, think I’d rather have my head chopped off,” he smirked.

“Oo!” I cried, hitting him.

“Ouch!” he groaned.

Sadly, I had punched the arm which was holding him off of me. Structurally, the position wasn’t very sound. With a thump he landed on top of me.

“Oof,” I groaned.

“Sorry!” James said, “you alright?”

I struggled to breath. James rolled off me carefully.

“You look a little dazed,” he said after a moment.

“You’re not exactly light as a feather,” I wheezed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again - should this have been censored?
Maybe I should put the rating up...

Miss Vintage, do you really think plush toys of Phil and James would sell?
I'd probably make a massive loss, and in a time of economic crisis such as this?... not sensible.

Hello to the marvellous amy2033!

Anybody interested in a "slightly mad" and now re-furbished one-shot turned short story...
Gosh, that was a long advertising sentence...
Anyway, you may wish to click here: Blood Will Tell
Ten short chapters, for your delectation.

Ivy, xXGreyWingsXx (c) 2008