Tom Jason

Chapter 1: The Talisman

"Ah! To be young, such a wonderful thing"
"Really, dad? Why?"
"Ah Tom, if you only knew."
This man talking to his kid is Frank Jason. Frank is a lawyer and his wife a wedding planner. Now this man was tall, had shaggy black hair, and dark brown eyes. Now his wife Jessica Jason was beutiful in many ways: her dark brown hair, her beutiful blue eyes, and a smile that could light up any room.
These two were very happily married and had a son, Tom Jason. Now Tom has just finished with his fith birthday party. Tom had just experienced a jolly time, but like all things it was too good to last.
After tucking Tom in his bed Frank went to the living room and sat on a table in the corner where he usually does his work. He walked over and as soon as he sat down his wife came out the kitchen.
"Frank, what are you doing?" she said.
"Nothing dear, just some work" he replied, "you know I kind of forgot about it because of the party, but it's not much, don't worry yourself."
"Okay, I'll be waiting upstairs" and after that she disappeared down the hall.
After making sure that his wife's footsteps had vanished he got out a piece of paper and a pencil. He was going to write a letter to his mother. Now his mother, who was Tom's grandmother, was very old and senile for her age. She believed that now day's technology was a work of the devil. So as a result she doesn' t have a computer or a cell phone, the only way of contacting her was through air mail and her house phone, but Frank couldn't call so he would write letters instead.
Frank wasn't allowed to talk to his mother or invited her over any more, so as a result he hasn't seen her in years. Jessica thought that his mom was crazy, as many times has she almost killed Tom in every one of her visits, so as a result no more Grandma Jason.
Frank put the pencil on the paper and began to write:
Dear mom,
I wrote to thank you for the marvelous gift for Tom, I can't
believe he's five years old already. Anyways he loved and
I just wanted to thank you, so yea, bye. Love and miss, and
also send my regards to dad.
With love, your son always
Frank Jason
Frank paused as he finished the letter, he folded it up and put in an envelope. He put it in his suitcase and put the suitcase under the desk.
"I'll mail it tomorrow before work" he thought.
Frank got up and took out something from the drawer in the desk and took out a small package wrapped in paper and tied together in a bow. This was a gift for Tom from his grandmother that had arrived two days prior to this. He put the small box in his pocket, turned off the lights and headed down the hall.
Frank walked until he reached the second door to the left and he entered. This room was amazing in Frank's eyes. Frank had always been like a kid and loved everything from this room, his son's room. The walls were a deep blue, but most of it was covered with posters of cars, cartoons, and movies. There were toys scattered around and right underneath the window in the opposite wall was the bed where Tom Jason was currently sleeping in.
Frank walked towards the bed and shook Tom.
"Tom wake up! C'mon wake up, I got something to show you!" he ushered excidetely.
"Wa apen?" Tom said waking up.
"Look at this! You missed one present today"
At hearing the word 'present' Tom was fully awake imidiately. He saw the box in his father's hands and grabbed. He tore open the wrappings and opened the box, inside was a solid gold talisman.
"Cool!" he said
"Yeah" his father said "that's a talisman, it's for good luck"
Tom looked at his new present in amazement, he grabbed the string attached to it and let it hang. Out of amusement he started spinning it faster and faster until it was nothing but a blurry ball. Tom stopped, but the Talisman didn't, it kept going faster and faster still. Tom let go of the string but the ball was now hovering in midair, then suddenly it let out this whirring sound, so Tom covered his ears.
Hearing the sound Jessica came to Tom's room seeing the ball floating in midair and her son and husband covering their ears. Jessica yelled but not even she could hear herself, so she decided to grab the strange object. She walked up to up to it and as soon as she touched it, it exploded.
Everything in the room turned green, Tom couldn't see anything but green so he closed his eyes. Eyes closed and still covering his ears he didn't know what was happening, but then he felt this searing pain on his face. He let go of his ears and opened his eyes, everything looked okay. He touched his face, but quickly removed his hand cause it stung, something had lashed at his face.
"Mom? Dad?" Tom cried, "Mom, dad where are you?"
Tom got up from his bed and his foot touched something on the floor, he looked down and saw his parents lying there as if asleep.
"Mom? Dad?" he said again, hoping they were just playing with him.
Tom got down on his knees and starting crying. Tom was a smart boy and he was smart enough at the age of five to know that his parents were dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay here you go!
I know not many of you liked the first chapter so i remade it.
Hopefully you'll like this version better cause i know i do.