Dead Until Dark

My Roommates A Super Sexy Vampire!

"Quinn, wake up." Sam shook Quinn violently. She sat up quickly, her head swimming with memories, and she looked warily at Sam. For once, his serene and calm face was on the brink of terror and his eyes, which were usually cold and emotionless, were full of anger and fear.

"What's wrong!?" She bumbled, leaning against Sam as he stood her up and shoved her arms into a jacket.

"We gotta leave." He answered back, his answer clipped and monotone.

"Leave? Why?"

"Some very bad people are coming after me and if they find out that I care about you, they'll come after you too." Sam pressed the small of Quinn's back as she walked, grabbing her car keys.

"What do you mean bad people!? Sam, what did you do!??" Quinn looked over her shoulder with wide eyes, her breath coming fast. Sam, instead of answering, pulled Quinn close to him and devoured her mouth, quickly and passionately.

"We can talk in the car." He licked his lips, savoring the flavor, then slammed the door of Quinn's apartment.

We're screwed… Sam thought once they'd reached outside. The sky was swimming with stars and the moon was no where to be seen.

"Quickly now." Sam pushed Quinn hastily to her car, which was parked unevenly along the sidewalk, and he took the keys from her.

"Hey!" She retorted. Sam gave her an incredulous look and she stomped to the passenger side. "Ok, we're in the car, now talk!" Quinn turned in her seat to eye Sam who was still glowing pale in the darkness.

"I'm not entirely a good person, Quinn." Sam pulled the car into reverse and sped down the street, scanning the darkness in front of him.

"What did you do?!" Quinn found herself asking once more. Sam hesitated.

"I killed a very important vampire." He answered after a moment. "She was the ruler of a very powerful clan in Paris and now, they're coming to get revenge." Sam powered through a red light casually, zooming past all the stores.

"Great…I'm stuck with a vampire being chased by maniacs." Quinn rolled her eyes and sarcastically asked. "Does this seem at all odd to you?"