Demolition Lovers...

This is how we like to do it on the *** scene..

She kept telling herself it wasn’t her fault.

But she knew better.

She knew that the man that lay in front of her no longer had a soul inside his body, no longer had breath in his lungs....

And she knew she was the cause of it.

She stared down at the lifeless body before her. Dark circles underneath the eyes, blood caked into the hair. All color had been completely drained from him. Yet he seemed at peace somehow. After all he’d done, she could only assume death was a beautiful release for this man.

He had asked for it. It was his own fault.

He had it coming.

Didn’t he?

No. And if he had it coming, she definitely was not the one to have sent it to him.

The news said it all. Complete coverage. Coverage of this man’s deeds. His crimes... his unforgivable crimes.

But had he really been such a horrible person? Of course not. He was just sick... and alone. Ever so alone. What can a person be expected to do when all they’re left with for company is their own twisted little mind?

Anything but what he’d done.

They hadn’t been able to find most of the bodies. and the ones they did find were utterly unidentifiable. Crushed faces, missing limbs. Everything was evidence pointing to the sick mind of a mass murderer.

Yet...

She still loved him.

She knew why, too.

She had been just like him.

Lonely, attention starved, rejected... seeking revenge.
He started his downward spiral long ago.
There was nothing he could do to stop it.

Certainly nothing she could do. Well... nothing but come along for the ride... let him have someone to go down with.

They’d gone down alright. As far down as they could get... as anyone could get. How else could they have ended up like this?

She hadn’t realized she’d been crying. She felt terrible for doing this to him.

Why... why had she done it. Was she really like him?

No. Of course not...

She had just been following orders.

HIS orders.

He had asked her to do this. Asked her because he knew his time was near. He needed to go out with dignity. And she needed to grant him his final wish.

“You do love me, don’t you, sweetheart?”

“Of... of course I do... you know that...”

“Then you’ll do this for me... won’t you, kitten?”

Why had she agreed to this... agreed to do away with her love... her life... her purpose.

Oh, she knew why. She just refused to admit it.

She knew exactly what she had to do next. She hadn’t finished the order. The sun hadn’t set yet.

She had one more thing left to do. And she knew she had to do it.

They had promised to stay together forever.

Through everything.

And they had been through everything, believe me.
She knelt down and kissed her lover’s lips one last time. With a farewell glance, she pushed his limp body off the cliff’s edge and down to the rocky rapids below.

A weight had lifted. She felt like she was free...

But no. She wasn’t free. Not yet.

For that was not what she had left to do.

That was not the final task.

That was but a given. It was well known that you had to do away with the victim in pacts like these... Do away with both of them.

She was the Bonnie to his Clyde... the love of his life...

Did she regret anything? No. She’d done it all with him.

She didn’t regret giving her heart and her life to him.

Not for one moment.

So, with one last deep breath, and one last tear, she called out her lover’s name, and took the leap of faith she’d always promised she would take for him...

Right off of where he’d just been thrown.

See? I always told you I would come for you...

“I’m coming, Gerard....”