‹ Prequel: Me Verses Every Guy

It Could Be The Last Time

Sorry

"It's good to have you back, sis," Adam said as he wrapped an arm around Sam's shoulder. "This place just wasn't the same without you."

"Aw, thanks. Did I miss anything important?" She asked.

"Yeah, but it's nothing you need to worry about. But I do need you to look over a few things for me," he smiled.

Sam rolled her eyes as she took the folder from her brother. He smiled at her as her phone began to ring. Adam pressed the speaker button and waited for Alyssa to speak. "Ms.Park, there's a Brian Haner here to see you."

"Send him in please," Sam smiled.

"Edit those files and your done for the day. If I'm not in my office, just go in and put it on my desk," Adam said as the door opened. Sam nodded. Adam turned around to walk out of her office, and said hello to Brian in the process.

"Hey," Brian gave Sam a small smile as he spoke.

"Hi," Sam smiled. She walked over, and tried to kiss Brian again. But just like two weeks ago, he turned his head. He's been doing this a lot lately. "What's up with you, Brian?"

"We need to talk," he mumbled. "But I guess I'll talk to you later because I just saw Adam-"

"No, were talking now," Sam sighed.

Brian nodded as she told him to sit down one of the chairs she had in front of her desk. She sat on the other one as she waited for Brian to talk. At times like this, she was very impatient. Brian knew that, so she didn't know why he kept her waiting.

"What is it, Brian? Why are you acting so weird? Every time I try to hug or kiss you, you turn away." Brian looked away from her as she sat up from her chair. "I thought you said you loved me. I thought you wanted to be with me."

"You know that I care about you, and I just want the best."

Once those words came from Brian's mouth, Sam had a flashback from high school. Even though they weren't officially together, it was obvious they loved each other. "Your kidding me, right? That whole stunt you did was because you were hurt because I slept with Matt and you love me. And now your saying that you don't want to be with me?"

"Sounds better in my head, but you basically got it right," he sighed, rubbing his arm.

"Why don't you want to be with me?" She pouted.

"Us going to the doctors, just made me really think. Your on medication now because of me!"

"But it's not like it's something I can't get rid of! It isn't that serious!" Sam yelled.

"I know, but with me and my condition, won't go away. What if something like this happens again?" He asked.

"Then we'll deal with it then!"

"I just can't do this, Sam. I don't want to hurt you again," Brian sighed.

He stood up from his chair and tried to walk out of her office. She grabbed his arm and made him turn around. "Your hurting me right now, Brian! You will not walk out on me again like you did in high school! I don't want to see you again in eight years and still have these feelings for you if I'm with someone else."

"Sam, when I left you, you grew up to be this very successful woman. Imagine what would happen it-"

"But I don't want to imagine what would happen if you left again. I want to imagine what it would be like if you stayed! Stayed with me, Brian! I can't have you walking out on my life again! I didn't realized that I loved you again until a few weeks ago." She cried.

"I-I just don't know if I can do it, Sam. I mean, I really do love you. But I can't keep bringing you down like this," he shook his head. "It'll probably be easier if I just left."

"No it wouldn't! Just listen to yourself, Brian! Your talking crazy! You know that your happy with me. You know that you make me happy, and you know what would happen if you left again." Her tears were finally visible. A few trickled down her cheek. "I don't want you to leave again. You just can't."

"I'm sorry," he sighed. Brian walked away from Sam. She tried to stop him, but he was too strong for her. He had the emotional support to help him leave, and to leave her so she might have a better life. She on the other hand, her emotions were a wreck. "I'm really sorry, Sam. You have no idea."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, look at that, two updates in a row, even though this is short. Didn't I tell you drama would be coming? AND you should read this. It's very important, people!
And just like last time, seven or eight comments till the next one.