Sequel: Death's a Joke.

Who Says That ***'s Not an Art?

Forcing The Card.

“Citizens of Gotham can all rest a little easier in the nights that are soon to follow. The completed police station was unveiled today along with the news that the 6pm curfew will be soon lifted. Now the general public are waiting anxiously for Batman to help capture the escaped criminals,” Babbled the news reporter as he peered over the top of his horn-rimmed glasses.

The Joker furrowed his eyebrows as he kept a stern glare at the TV before he sprang from where he sat to his feet. As he dragged his fingers through the fading green he let of a grunt of frustration; he’d have to lay quite for a while with the other criminals. Security was always tight for the first few days and the Joker didn’t want to risk anything.

On the other side of town a silhouette of a female danced across one of the city business offices in the dying flames of the sun as she stood in the calm breeze while staring at the multiple TV screens. She bit her lip slightly with excitement at the thought of how she could do crimes and no-one would be able to work out which villain did it. Her thoughts wandered to the Joker which caused her to stop before smirking.

“We’ll be meeting again very soon ‘Clown Prince of Crime’, sooner than you properly think,” She giggled while aimlessly curving a ace of diamonds card around her fingers.

Seeing as she was feeling cheery she decided to annoy Bats out of his cave or wherever he was sulking. She amused herself with thoughts of him sat on an oversized rock looking depressed while playing with a rubber bat on a stick. Or at least make it so people began to panic without him.

The only move she made for hours was a step backwards into the shadow of the towering buildings, she stood in the same spot as the city rushed around her, the night was setting in the sky and the car headlights lit the pavement and road. By the time she had began to stroll the day had left without any trace. She listened to the soothing sound of her boots making a distinct loud pat as she made her way to a nearby car park – as she guessed only one or two remained including one which had a man entering it.

“Excuse me, I believe that’s my car,” She stated with a bright grin at the man who was now sat on the driver’s seat with the car door open and had a frown attached to his face, making his eyebrows look like fighting caterpillars.

“I can assure you that this is my car,” He snapped back with a glare as if she was a piece of dirt when she began letting out a roaring snigger.

“I’m sorry; I don’t think you heard me. No worries, I’ll repeat it, this is my car,” She replied before putting a bullet through the guy.

She bent down to his body which had slumped out of the car before forcing the card she was playing with earlier into his open mouth before getting into the now ownerless car. With a salute she started the car with a roaring noise and drove over the man before leaving the car park.
♠ ♠ ♠
R.I.P. Heath Ledger, gone, but never forgotten in the hearts of those who saw him for his amazing acting and may he live on through his films forever.

Comments? I need to know if you like the characters and plot, even a simple comment gives me such inspiration.