Sequel: Death's a Joke.

Who Says That ***'s Not an Art?

I Got My Crown.

The smell of burning rubber began to linger as the car’s wheels ripped across the uneven surfaces; the tyres where currently being dragged across a pavement. She screeched with excitement as the car would every so often jolt and skid off course. She stepped out the car to be met with a man who seems to be stretched out with an abnormally large head.

“Well, well, well...if it isn't the ray of sunshine. I aint seen you around lately Ace, you know a girl like you should stay at home and rest...” An oily voice taunted from the man’s chapped lips.

“Jesus Gib, that has to be your worst attempt to chat me up ever,” She commented while she tightened her trench coat over her body as the night’s icy grip had begun to set in.

“I’m not like that anymore Acey, I’m a changed man. Honest, no more stealing or breaking an entree.” His voice mumbled as his shook his head in a disappointed manner which made her laugh.

“I’ll give you a grand if you do this for me,” She replied, has her lips left her mouth his ears perked up.

“Well…then again, I mean I’m always willing to help an old friend,” Gib babbled as she pulled wads of cash before shoving it into his open arms.

“Find out where the Joker lives and leave this for him,” She muttered while passing him a leaflet.

“Oh, and spread the news, Ace of diamonds is returning, and I’m not just talking about odd killings. I’m going to show them how I got my crown of queen villain and no-one safe anymore,” She cackled after she reached the car. With precise aim she shot just one bullet at the boot’s lock so that in dented inwards.

She yanked the heavy metal open prior to shuffling through paperwork until stumbling upon a can petrol. Her eyes flickered excitedly as she gripped hold of it, her figure being consumed by the empty alleyway.

“People of Gotham, I’m always here for you just use my calling card and I’ll be right next to you. Who is your hero now?” She cackled until she lit the match in her leather gloved hands.

With a small flick of her wrist the flames engulfed the petrol covered roof of one of the city’s flats. Two men who where reporting the traffic from a helicopter gasped in horror as down below burnt the unmistakeable shape of a card with a diamond which had a blazing crown on the side. The fire flicked a message underneath to the men – diamonds are a villain’s best friend.