Sequel: Death's a Joke.

Who Says That ***'s Not an Art?

Circus Of Diamonds!

An exhausted Joker shuffled into the building while his fellow goons, including a few newly recruited ones, kept a far pace seeing his aggravated attitude. His head was dipped low until his gaze met foot shaped dirt on the floor.

What the hell?” Snarled the Joker as he surveyed their hideout, nothing was out of place apart from something which lay on the main table.

The Joker bounced over out of curiosity, taking the object into a tight grasp. He un-crumpled it slightly to realise it was a leaflet. The image of a classic big top tent covered the front. His gloved hand peeled the leaflet open to find an ace of diamonds card.

‘Gotham is proud to present Circus Of Diamonds! With live acts and simply terrifying stunts we guarantee it will a truly explosive performance. The act is coming to town tonight at 8pm in the old circus tent! Don’t be late.’

“I’m not going to be bossed around by some two-faced little brat,” Spat a diamond wearing woman as she was threatened. Her voice faltering slightly out of fear as her robber just grinned.

“Oopsie! Wrong villain buddy,” Giggled the demonic voice of Ace before she ripped the bag out of the woman’s hand. Before Ace could leave the woman’s pompous husband pointed his cane at her.

“Y-you won’t get away with this! Not over my dead body,” He stuttered while edging forwards to her as she yawned.

“If you insist,” She replied before yanking his cane and pressing it into his neck. With a few twists and turns he gave up trying to fight before falling motionlessly.

Without another word she flung the vividly coloured handbag at the women then turned on her heel before skipping away and twirling the cane.

Once most of his loyal followers had fallen into drunken slumbers and the others had disappeared to play cards the Joker slipped out of the door before descending down the rickety stairs. He kept silent as he made his way through town, only muttering one or two words about having to find a new hideaway.

“Where the hell is this bloody tent anyway?” The Joker roared as he yanked the leaflet out of his pocket for closer inspection. Before he could yell in frustration anymore the tip of a tent which had a miniature flag waving rapidly in the air came to view.

The Joker pushed his way through the overgrown nettles which had entwined against the tent’s door before entering the slightly mould covered tent. He crept inside the brightly lit tent which had spotlights pointing towards a circular stage. The seats curved around the stage so he sat near the stage by himself, glaring out of anger – whether this was over the situation he was in or the fact he had actually came he wasn’t sure.