Sequel: Death's a Joke.

Who Says That ***'s Not an Art?

I Can't Laugh and I Can't Sing.

His grip around her waist tightened as she beat her fists into his back while kicking chest. As she tried to push herself out of his grasp he just sniggered at her sulking.

“Jokie; put me down now! Fine,” She whined before suddenly making her limbs limp. Her weight increased as the Joker had to drag her back like an oversized ragdoll.

Once they returned to the Joker’s beloved hiding place with a few more murder’s under his belt after he stabbed and witnesses, or anyone for fun for that matter to the delight of Ace, he too exhausted to deal with her for the moment so he just flung her onto an opposite sofa.

You know I can't smile without you,
I can't smile without you,
I can't laugh and I can't sing,
I'm finding it hard to do anything…
” Ace sung with her voice muffled slightly by the sofa’s material.

The Joker let out a growl of annoyance as her giggles seemed to enter through his ear and echo through his head. He dropped himself next to her as he shuffled around so that she was facing the right side of the Joker’s face.

“You are positively the most irritating person I’ve ever come across, I have every urge to just cut your neck and fling you out the window,” Laughed the Joker while snapping his eyes closed.

“And yet, you can’t get enough of me, or is that until your fake bat reappears?” Ace questioned while trying to stifle a chuckle.

“If I remember correctly, you seem to be quite fond of him as well,” Retaliated the Joker, only for Ace to shrug in response which struck a nerve – his temper rising. He pressed his nose against hers so their eyes where deadly close, almost eyelash to eyelash.

“We’re going to play a little game,” The Joker snarled before hooking one of his fingers around of the back of her bowtie, giving it a harsh yank.

After several injures where given to him he flung her into one of the building’s under stairs cupboards before snapping the inside handle off. As he slammed the door shut he fumbled with the miniature key until a sharp click sound filled his ears.

“She’s going to be the death of me one of these days,” Grumbled the Joker before turning on his heel.

He hoped that going to cause some havoc would calm his nerves but his thoughts seemed to be clung to the contents behind the door he had just locked. He slicked his hair back, getting his collection of weapons ready. He stared into the mirror to see his bloodshot eyes – with a depressed sigh he stepped over the front door while wishing Batman would return so he could concentrate on something else.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is for 'i_love_joe_jonas' and 'InsaneEmoCupCake' as thanks to their comments I wrote this.