Sequel: Death's a Joke.

Who Says That ***'s Not an Art?

A Diamond Flowed Past.

The sun’s rays where beginning to grace most of Gotham giving a warm feeling to the air. The leaves barely quivered as the door opened so that Alfred could pick up the pints of milk off the step. His wrinkling skin cracked into a small smile at the sight of a tuff of hair sticking out of a bundle placed on the doormat. With a baby in one hand and the milk in the other he set off into the kitchen.

After leaving a simple message which read ‘The Joke’s on you,’ to the Joker so he knew the baby had been born she spent most of the day curled up into her jacket as she slept the hours away.

Once the faded sparks of sun had almost disappeared over the horizon she woke from her slumber. She began to make her way towards the dying embers of the sun as she shredded Ace of diamonds cards – leaving them to be consumed by the wind and glide across the tarmac. As she turned so the sunset was behind her she gave Gotham city a last knowing look before a hushed laugh escaped her lips.

The Joker sat on a street corner under the cracked streetlamp as he aimlessly flicked through the newspaper he had found moments ago; nothing destructive had happened recently. When he fluttered the pages back and forth one headline caught his eye – Bruce Wayne now had a son. The Joker frowned and mumbled to himself to reassure that it couldn’t possibly her’s. He scrunched the page up in more anger as he thought about her when from the muddy water, which left a steady flow going around, carried along pieces of cards – the shape of a diamond flowed past.

“Oh Princess, you do love to play games with me don’t ya? Well don’t worry, you’re not hiding away forever. I want answers, and believe me, you’re gonna tell me,” Snarled the Joker as he stood before cackling – breaking off into a skip down the road as he thought of revenge.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, sweet and finally over. Well that's it fokes! Unless you would like a sequel...
If so I may add one more chapter which shall show a little teaser of what is to come.
So...did you like the story or not?

InsaneEmoCupCake thanks for your comments and everyone else who commented, subscribed and read.