Hey diary, its me again...

chapter 46

I was going to break up with Brendon I decided. But I needed to let him down easy. He needed to not be hurt and needed to know I just needed a break but would happily take him back later. I turned to Brendon who was smiling down at me. This was going to be harder then I thought.
“Uh Brendon…”
“Yes?”
“I think we need to take a break. Its not the fact that your bad or anything I just need to be alone for a bit. I still want to see you later. Just give me a month or so.”
“Emma I love you. I really do. This breaks my heart but I understand. You need to be with Ryan. I get it”
“Thank you”
“But Em?-Can I have on last kiss?”
I didn’t answer but instead leaned in for one last long passionate kiss. I needed to leave him with something of me. But what? I could give him my favorite guitar ppick but what would he do with that. Oh well it will have to do. I pulled it out of my pocket and grasped it in my hands.
“Brendon I have something for you. As long as you still love me keep it. When your done loving me give it back” I handed him the pick. He smiled. It was weird
“Emma thanks. I will keep it for eternity. In fact I will be buried with it”
I hoped it wouldn’t be that long. That was my lucky guitar pick. It was black with yellow paint splattered on it. I would miss it.