Sweet Children Come Out And Play

Messages From The Honeymoon

Delphine sat in the hotel room getting dressed. She was slipping into a sexy skirt and spaghetti strap top to start off her and Billie’s first day of honeymoon. She stood looking into the mirror. She was a married woman. Well, maybe not a woman, it would never really feel like that, but married. They had awoken just half and hour ago, but as Delphine had tried to get up, Billie pulled her back into the sheets and they started off their first full day of a new married couple with a bang. Billie Joe had hardly wanted to leave her for a second. He had wrapped his arms around her bare body and refused to let go. She didn’t mind. But the hunger got the better of them both. Especially Delphine. They could not stop playing good-bye kiss on the way out even though he was only going down the hall to get some food for a minute.

Just as Delphine’s mind was wandering to what the beach would be like, the phone rang. It was a pretty loud ring and Delphine hurried to pick it up. As soon as she did, she wondered if she should have done that and hoping it was not a pesky family member, Delphine said, “Hello?” It was the doctor instead. Delphine was a little surprised. He’d gotten the hotel number from her mother. Then the doctor said something she had never heard before. “Oh, thank you, thank you doctor. Thank you so much! Yes, yes of course. Well, I’m actually …yes. Yes, thank you. Oh, yes, Bye.” Delphine hung up the phone. For a second, she stood stunned and fell down onto the bed. She covered her eyes with her hands and tears fell down her cheeks. There was no way to stop them, but she didn’t try very hard.

Billie opened the door, “Honey, I’m home!” he called but as soon as he saw Delphine on the bed her stopped. “Hey, Del is something wrong?” he walked over and curled an arm around her. Delphine looked up into his soft worried face.

“No, no, nothing’s wrong.” She was smiling. Billie seemed confused.

“But you’re crying,” he wiped a tear off her lips.

“Yeah, I didn’t mean to do that.”

“Tell me what’s wrong?” he pulled her closer. “You’re not having second thoughts or something?” He hadn’t really meant to say that out loud, but his tongue was not the best at keeping things to himself.

“No, no Billie,” she hugged him back, almost feeling sorry the thought even had to cross his mind. “I love you. It’s something else.”

“Oh, ok.”

“But um, it’s something more serious.”

“M’kay.” She could tell he was searching her face, trying very hard to figure it out.

Delphine bit her lip for a second; how was he going to take this. He had no idea. She almost wanted to lie. She wanted to think about this again. But then, it would not change anything. Delphine did not have another moment to think it over and chicken out so she took a deep breath and just said it, “Billie, the doctor just called and I’m pregnant.” She was not going to be any less pregnant not saying so, and however he takes it, it’s best to get it out right now. Billie’s look of confusion turned to shock. His mouth dropped open. He stood there in a pause.

For a second, he almost looked as if he was going to cry. Her heart was racing. “Delphine, that’s…that’s wonderful,” he laughed and threw his arms around her in a tight hug. A wave of relief and warmth flew over her.

“You’re really happy?”

“Yes, yes that’s great,” he kissed to top of her head. “I just can’t believe it.”

“This is crazy.”

“I know.”

“Fuck, what are we going to do?”

“I have no fucking clue, but I’m going to be a dad!”

“And I’ll be a mum!”

“We are so in trouble!”

“I know we are, but I’m so happy right now that it doesn’t matter.”

Billie looked down and touched her stomach. “We’ll learn all we need to know. Hey, you’re lucky you didn’t drink last night,” he poked.

“That’s right. Damn, I can’t drink on my honeymoon,” she laughed. “Oh well, it’s all right.”

“You know what; I won’t drink either then on our honeymoon. Soda tastes better when you don’t want to get drunk anyway.”

“Thank you Billie. You know what, let’s get out of here. I want to get to the beach and enjoy my last few months of being able to wear a bikini.”

“How could I forget about that? And the bikini you say…let’s hurry!”

Delphine laughed. They grabbed their little bit of luggage and practically ran out the door and down the hall. As soon as Billie had checked out, they ran for the car and ate lunch on the way there up highway 17. The drive was beautiful too. “Oh man, I’m going to have to tell my mom and dad, and everyone! Shit. How are they going to take it?”

“I don’t know but they have to find out sometime now. Ha!”

“What?”

“Shit, I have to tell my family too. They’re going to laugh at me.”

“Laugh at you!”

“Yeah, they will! I’m the baby of the family. I’m nineteen too. This is pretty hilarious.”

“Let’s tell them all later, when we get back. Oh, but let’s tell Tre, Mike, Richelle and Brites before we get to them.”

“Yeah. That sounds good. Shit, they are never going to believe this.”

“No, they aren’t. Ha!”
~
When Billie pulled up the car in front of the beach, Delphine just about fell out she was so anxious to go. Billie parked really crookedly but left it just for the hell of it. When they finally plopped down on the sand, the sun was already high in the sky. “Damn it, Billie, do you have the sunscreen?”

“Yep, here,” he handed her the pink bottle.

“Oh good,” she rubbed some over her shoulders and arms. She put some on the back of her legs where she always got burnt, but not on the front of her legs; those never got tan. “Billie, want to get my back please?”

“Sure!” Billie loved his. She’s out in public in practically a bra and panties, less even. The beach and the pool are the only places where this would be acceptable; therefore, this and the bedroom, they were two of his favorite places. He took the suntan lotion and squirted some onto her back. She shivered.

“It’s cold.”

So he started to rub it in all over her back side, under her strap, shoulders, her neck and down the back of her arms. He was smiling too. Then a group of young looking teenage surfer guys walked by. A few looked their way and Billie swore one of them looked jealous. “Thank you sweetie,” Delphine gave him a kiss as the guy looked back and then turned away. “What do you want to do now?”

“Let’s go walk behind the cliff,” Billie pointed. There was a big cliff side of the beach that you could walk down. It ended up at the other side on a different beach, but not many people went in between. You had to walk over a lot of rocks and things to get through it; more when the tide was in. Delphine used to walk down this way all the time when she was younger. She could find shells because not many children came down here to take them first, and she could be alone. Only once in a while would a jogger, or someone walking their dog, or two lovers walk past. She hated the lovers more and more. Some knew the place and would just sit together on the rocks. Now, she had a lover through. It was different.

Delphine and Billie Joe walked hand in hand down the beach. Billie was in just board shorts. She loved being able to see all of his beautiful tattoos when his shirt was off. Billie loved showing them off too, and they covered up him being sort of skinny. Delphine never thought so. He was just gorgeous.

“Look,” Delphine pointed over behind a huge pile of earth and rocks that had fallen off the cliff. “A cave,” she said spookily.

“Oh, really.”

Delphine ventured inside for a look. There was a hole in the top so lots of light spread in through it. The bottom was filled with sand and the opening was parallel to the cliff, but when a wave of water came rushing up, it passed right in front of the entrance and against the cliff. “Wow, a secluded cave on the beach and no one around. What to do?” Billie leaned sexily against the wall of the cliff.

“No, I don’t think so Billie. What if someone walked by?” she laughed and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“We could be really really quiet?”

“You are never really really quiet and besides it’s all sandy.”

Billie backed her up against the cliff. “We could just go like this? So long as the cliff doesn’t fall down I think we’re good.”

“Well…” Delphine popped her head out the entrance. “No one’s coming, so…” Billie had already slipped her bikini bottom to the sand. “Billie.” Then, he propped her up and Delphine wrapped her legs around his waist. “I guess,” she smiled.

Billie kissed her stomach softly. He tried to be gentler then normal. Delphine thought it was sweet. Near then end though, they lost the sanity. It felt so good and so romantic by the beach. That whole scene could be told again here, but if you really want to hear it again, go look up the “first time”. Finally, both sank down into the sand. Billie kissed her again as he slipped back on her bikini bottom. “Look, and now we even have to water to cool off in,” he breathed.

“Yeah, how convenient,” she said sarcastically. “Man, that is always fun.”

“Good,” Billie smiled. She really loved it as much as he did. “You think we will still love that twenty years from now?”

“I think I will love that a thousand years from now,” she kissed him again.
~
Delphine sat back on the front of the beach on her towel. The sand was hot over here. Billie Joe had just left to go find something to eat. He ended up walking down to the Pizza My Heart, the pizza Delphine liked best, while she lay down. She had been feeling tired lately. At least now she knew why. The baby. Duh, she should have guessed before.

Out of the corner of her eye, Delphine saw a group of guys huddled around and talking. They were pretty big looking and a little older than herself. Plus, Delphine certainly looked a bit younger. She was only 5’3”. An inch taller than her mother. She was happy that height and figured that any guy she was with would be taller than her and he would like that. Billie Joe was one of those guys; 5’7”. She loved it. However, once in awhile, people would get a look at him and think they could take him on. Billie might be a teeny bit on the short side, but he was no person to mess with. On the other hand, these guys did not look like the people you would go pick a fight with. The only reason she noticed was because each one kept taking turns looking her way. It made her a little uneasy when Billie was not there.

Finally, one of the broke away from the group and began walking towards her. When he looked like he was actually going to talk to her, Delphine sat up on her blue striped towel. “Hey babe. You busy this afternoon?” he said with a crooked smirk on his face.

“Um, sorry, yeah.”

“With someone?”

“Yes, I have a husband to be with,” she gave a smirk back. That felt so good to say.

“Oh, I see. What you need is some fun time off during the day.”

“What?”

“Oh, no. I understand. I’m all for married chicks. You’ve got experience.”

“No. You see. I’m on my HONEYMOON.” Who the hell does he think he is? Does he think he’s going to get lucky or something?

“Oh, spunky!” he kneeled down next to her and leaned forward. Delphine kept leaning backwards until she felt she would fall over. Billie was walking back with a small pizza when he spotted them across the beach. He walked faster.

“Dude, what the hell?” she said annoyed.

“Come on babe. Don’t give me that. No one ever has to find out,” he reached out a hand and tried to grab her around the waist.

“Shit, get off me!” she tried to get up, but he stopped her and pinned her down on her back. “Get off! Billie! Get the fuck off!” She started to panic as he held her down and went to kiss her; Billie Joe no where in sight. No one was in sight. Why was no one on this beach! She wiggled and turned her head away. He was practically strangling her just as she heard a crack. She was free and struggled to stand up. Then she saw Billie. He was standing over the big jock with his fists up and angrier than she had ever seen him in her life. The guy on the ground didn’t know what hit him. He had a huge shiner on his eye and his mouth was bleeding.

“Get the fuck out of here you dickhead, fuckface, cock smoking, mother fucking, asshole, dirty twat, waste of semen! I hope you die!” Billie was yelling after him as he ran away in another direction of the beach. His stoned looking friends just sat for a second and then took off after him. Billie stood watching them as they kept peering back at him in disbelief. Delphine was dumbfounded. She never had a real boyfriend until Billie Joe came along. Why the hell would she be wanted now? Flattering, even if it did come from an asshole like that. But even better, the look on Billie’s face. He was protecting her. She couldn’t help but think it was so cute.

Finally, Billie let the idiots go and turned around. “Shit, Del, are you ok?” he said sweetly as she fell into his arms.

“Yeah, I’m fine. That scared the fuck out of me for a second, but I’m fine. Thank you.” She had never been so relieved.

“That shit head. Scared me too,” he kissed her. He stood for a minute, running his fingers through her hair, Delphine’s hands around his waist. “Did he hurt you? Is the baby ok?”

“Oh, yes, I think it’s fine.”

“Cuz I would kill myself if something happened to either of you. In fact, I’m not leaving you alone anymore. Too many fuckers around. Shit.”

“It’s ok Billie. You came to my rescue.” She smiled and kissed him again. She meant it though. He did pretty much rescue her, and she gave him a more passionate kiss. It seemed to brighten his spirits again. “Here, sit down. They’re gone.”

“Oh, the pizza, be right back.” He had dropped the box about fifty feet back so he ran over and came back with it. He opened it up. “Good, no sand.”

It was a small cheese pizza and Delphine ended up eating four pieces (which is half a pizza). “Damn,” Billie said, “You are pregnant!”

“Billie, shut up! I usually eat that many anyway,” she laughed.

“Well maybe.”

“At least now I have a reason to.”

“You eat whatever the hell you want. Just don’t eat sardines and pistachio ice cream in front of me six months from now.”

“Eww. Well, never say never I guess.”

“I was kidding!”