Sweet Children Come Out And Play

Don't Stop Me Now

Nearing nine o’clock, back at the apartment house, a knock came at the door, a couple of ding dongs like a secret code and the guys burst in through the front door. Tre screamed at the top of his lungs, “HONEY I’M HOME!” Richelle stood up and ran to go silence him before he embarrassed her further. She was probably the most formal of her friends, so it was a wonder she was dating Tre, the wildest one. Delphine and Brites gave a glance to each other and ran into the front hall. Delphine jumped into Billie’s arms.

“Hey baby!” he kissed her.

“How was the gig?”

“It was totally awesome! You have to be there next time.”

“I sure will. Oh, look what I made,” Delphine pulled her necklace out of her shirt. It was the short silver chain she always wore with random pendants, but now on it now dangled the muddled blue guitar pick. Billie smiled and laughed, “That’s so cool!” he touched it, “How did you do that?”

“My mom has a drill. We did it before with guitar picks. My mom’s a little insane and bought a little drill so she could make holes in the wooden Scrabble pieces and seashells.” Delphine had always loved jewelry making. She and her mother where always into arts and crafts like that with beads and other things. Now some of it had a use, “Then again, I was crazy too and used guitar picks. Now I have a guitar pick that means something,” she looked down at it.

“That’s awesome. Now it can be with you. I like that.”

“And I never want to take it off,” she rubbed her nose against his in an Eskimo kiss.

“Well, then I know it’s with you,” he kissed her.

“You lovers ready to go?” Mike cut in. “That is getting nauseating.”

“Yep!”

“All right, let’s load the car!”

“Ouch!” Richelle wined as she dropped her suitcase.

“Oh pumpkin buns, did you break a nail?” Tre came up behind her and gave her a hug overdramatic hug.

“In fact, I did, and don’t call me pumpkin buns.”

“But I love you smuggle-cakes!”

“That is not any better.”

“Cherry Snowball?”

“That is just wrong! And you are not helping. Now get my suitcase!”

Tre went to pick up the case and follow her to the car. “What ever you say my little crum-flake sugar-muffin.”

“Cut it out!”

“Mike, take this!” Brites yelled throwing him her bag of clothes and lugging her suitcase through the door.

“Where’s mine?” said Billie.

“In the corner in the kitchen!” called Delphine.

“I want candy!”

“There’s some in the drawer Mike!”

“Bonsy-kinkle-sparkle-flower?”

“NO TRE!”

“Mrs. Rosebud Twinkle Twinkle Bean?”

“SHUT-UP!”

Ten minutes later, they kissed goodbye to the house for the summer and hopped into the van. Mike started the car, and just as he was about to run the pedal to the floor, Tre cried out, “WAIT!!!” and ran back into the house. When he came running back outside, he was wildly waving the chocolate syrup in the air.

“Tre man! Get the fuck in the car!” Mike yelled.

“I needed the chocolate!” Tre said jumped back into the car. As they drove off down the road, Tre was cuddling the Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup like a baby and calming it. “We would never forget you now, no we wouldn’t.” Then he opened the top and took a big gulp.

“That’s disgusting,” Richelle whined. “Now give me some.”
~
As Mike drove through the streets, they passed by all sorts of people; hobo’s, preps, teenage princesses, Goths, hippies, surfer dudes, business suits, junkies, freaks and punks, if you can rightfully call them that. “Here we are!” Billie shouted raising his hands and showing off the windows like a slutty model on The Price is Right, “Welcome to Paradise.”
~
“Billie! Where are you going?”

“No where…” Billie sang innocently as he dashed away through the kitchen of the little hotel room they were splurging on, and tucking something behind his back. Delphine ran after him in hot pursuit.

“Billie! Get your ass back here with that!”

Billie ran into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. “Just a minute!” he called from inside.

“What’s in your hands?” she shouted back through the thin brown wood.

“You’ll see!” She heard as the shower turned on. Then the shower turned into the sound of gushing water and the filling of the bathtub. Billie started humming away some random tune he was making up as he went.

“Will you let me in!”

“Almost done!”

Finally, Billie opened the door just a crack and shoved his face in it, “Ok, you can come in, but there’s one rule.”

“And what would that be?” Delphine rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips.

“No clothes allowed!” he laughed and Delphine pushed her way past him. Inside the green tiled bathroom, Delphine found a fresh run bath topped with bubbles. In Billie’s hand was a case of Crayola Bath Finger-Paints. “Surprise!” he shouted.

“Awww…” Delphine cooed, “You’re weird but that’s so sweet!” She stretched out her hands and gave him a quick kiss.

“You in the mood for a bubble bath?”

“Sure.”

“And we get to try a new game,” he pinched her side.

Delphine screeched. “Ah! Stop it! Ok, ok the clothes are off!” she laughed. She sunk into the hot water first and Billie practically fell on top of her getting in. Before long, both were scribbling all over each other. Delphine drew blue streaks down his arms and over his tattoos and a sun on his chests. Billie of course went straight to drawing all over her boobs, stomach and added a little red star on her cheek. “Billie! That tickles!”

Billie leaned over and kissed her. “Ok, we’ve used up half the paint. Let’s go have some more fun.”

“Ok.” Delphine and Billie hopped out of the bath, fought over the same towel before Billie got his own and threw on pajamas. It wasn’t much really. Delphine conceded and put on the skimpy little red outfit Billie had bought her for Valentine’s Day as a “joke” in hopes that she might actually wear it. On “special occasions”, which ended up being more often than she had planed, Delphine would wear it anyway. Billie just pulled on a pair of pants and let out an “Uh la la!” when Delphine walked out into the bedroom.

“You like,” she mocked and turned around in a little circle showing off.

“I do, come here pretty woman!”

Delphine skipped over and sat down on Billie’s lap in front of the television. “Oh, what SHALL we watch?”

“Something sexy.”

“Sure. I’m feeling in the mood too,” she smiled giving Billie a kiss and pulled up a big blanket. This was the life. Sweet Children was on tour so most of the time they all slept together in the van, but today was a romantic night for all three couples. The guys got a pay check so, instead of buying more beer, they all took the night off in separate hotel rooms. They were the smallest rooms you have ever seen, but they were private for once.

“Oh, here’s something,” Billie said stopping on one of the channels. It was James Bond.

“Ok.”

“Hey, I was wondering, when were you thinking we’re going to get married?”

“Oh, Billie, you want to talk about the wedding!”

“Well, I was just wondering,” he kissed her.

“Oh, I have thought about it, but I’m not sure. I figured we would wait and see after this tour ends.”

“Oh good cause I was thinking maybe we could do it when we get back in the middle of the tour. Like say…the first week in July?”

“You’re setting a date! I’m so proud of you! But Billie, that’s in two weeks!”

“I know, so I wanted to see what you wanted to do.”

“I would love to. I’ll call my mom in the morning. We’ll get back next week and go shopping and we’ll do it. This is so exciting!” she clapped.

“Awesome, where you want to have it?”

“How about at the beach?”

“That would be great.”
~
“Say, Richelle and Brites, you guys busy on the 2nd?”

“No. Why?”

“You want to be my bride’s maids that day?”

“What!” Richelle cried out. Brites’ mouth dropped.

“Billie Joe and I were thinking we could have the wedding that day.”

“Really? But that’s so soon!”

“I know but I just want to do it.”

“That’s awesome!” Brites threw her arms around Delphine. “And we would love to be your bride’s maids!”

“Oh good!”

“But you need a dress and planning and everything has to be done in the next two weeks!” Richelle exclaimed.

“The guys have one more week of shows and then we have a week to buy stuff.”

“Where is it going to be?”

“On the beach.”

“What kind of wedding dress do you want?” Richelle asked already planning her own.

“I don’t know. Something simple. I’ll have to look first.”

“And we need bride’s maid’s dresses and a flower girl – huu! Who’s going to be the flower girl!”

“I don’t know,” Delphine said thoughtfully.

“And the ring bearer? We need a little boy too.”

“You sound like Michael Jackson.”

“Shut up Brites!”

“Oh, I know! Eli can be the ring bearer. He lives just down the street and he’s only six. Oh, and Megan’s three and she can be the flower girl!”

“His sister?” Brites could not quite remember.

“Yep.

“Awesome.”

“They’re so cute!” Richelle was in fairy land at the moment; dreaming up her perfect wedding. “Damn it! I want to start right now!”

“Just one week until we get home, but actually, we could start looking around these random towns for stuff.”

“Let’s go now!”

“Right now?”

“Yeah! I saw shops down a couple streets that way,” Richelle pointed out the window.

“Well…” Delphine thought, “The guys are gone and we have half a day to ourselves…ok, let’s go!” All this was escalating really fast. She had only wanted a little little wedding. Well, there was no time for a big one now, so there was not a choice, and she was ready to marry Billie she knew, but it was going so fast. She went from almost loosing him one day to vowing to spend her life with him the next. Was it right? For now, all she could think was a profound ‘Yes!’ Ok, maybe it was right. We’ll just have to wait and see.