The Boys of Summer

No entity.

Nobody on the road, nobody on the beach
I feel it in the air – the summer's out of reach.


I sat by the lake house all by myself, hearing ghosts of past summer’s laughter still echo in my mind. The cigarette held in between my fingers had burnt out ages ago and just stood there, like a headstone to all those memories. The first leaf had just hit the ground with a deafening thud. Another two followed and I stood up, angry at the obvious proof that it was all over. Only three days ago, it was summer still. Now…

The clear, wrinkly surface of the greenest lake in the world (his eyes were greener.)shimmered along with the gasping sun. The last rays were still fighting for their right to shine through the yellowing leaves. The warm air whispered by me softly, teasing. He touched me even softer. The whole place, this whole sight seemed to be haunted by his presence, even if it were a short one, yet long enough smother me in its very essence.

I gazed down the dusty road. The wet footsteps were still visible to my melancholic mind, like little mud puddles, leading to the thick cobwebby trees, the perfect summer haven in the weeping willows’ hair; where tiny shards of light got caught in his eyes for the first time, with me, because I was the only one there to see, to witness the perfect entity hidden in his two green gems at such a moment to be ashamed of.

Empty lake, empty streets
the sun goes down alone.


I smirked at my angsty moments, now I was reminded on them by the mere scent of the oncoming, humid night. I must have been strangely exciting to that piece of the most flawed perfection. He touched me for a moment, was gone in the next and left me stained for a lifetime. That perfect entity poured out of its incandescent cage and infected my fingertips, my lips, my moans. A crooked, forbidden play had been set up that day, under the branches and thorns. Shakespeare himself couldn’t have made it more fucked up and ironic, and romantic, God, I mustn’t forget the romance of the moment we melted together and his eyes consumed my mind.

The lack of underdressed bodies and playful shrieks on the desolate beach was eating away at my ability to think rationally. The bodies dressed and left, and the shrieks dispersed like marbles as car engines throttled back to life.

But I can see you – your brown skin shinin' in the sun…

It wasn’t hard to think back to that moment once I crawled underneath the naked branches and felt the thorns brush against my back. The waves crashed against the shore beneath us, the voices hollered and laughed, the wind whistled through the greenest of leaves and sun shone through those small cracks in our accidental hideout. It was funny, actually the fact I was aware we were an accident. Not even ever supposed to meet one another. His hair glistened underneath my gaze, cheeks blushing as no words needed to be spoken.

I found you there, with your hand suspiciously tucked inside your boxers and face burning up with shame. I leaned my head back and laughed. God, I laughed so hard. You joined in and I felt silent, my eyes fixed on your bronze skin, glimmering with protruding sweat and particles of sun caught in every perfect drop.

You were a slight bit taken aback once I knelt down in front of you and laid my hand on yours – the thin synthetic of your wet boxers being the only barrier to prevent our contact skin on skin. Your mouth fell open and eyes wide, stricken with everything but fear. You dared me to touch you, you tease. You took off my sunglasses and planted them on your nose then. To hide your eyes maybe? From me?

I never will forget those nights - I wonder if it was a dream
Remember how you made me crazy? Remember how I made you scream?


Leaves and scorched grass rustled beneath us as I lowered myself on top of you and gasped at the icy sensation of your skin on mine. Your chest were rising and falling, caught in this daring excitement, tortured by raging gasps. You tasted so sweet. I sucked on your lips until they stung, until your green, starry eyes watered with tears. Then came your neck.

Such a soft, velvety feeling underneath my fingertips, infected by a simple wish. I craved you. Then carved my sudden love into your flesh. Your nails. You hurt me. Made my eyes brim with tears. No one ever did that to me and got away with it. My hair fell into my eyes and you pushed it back, brushing it behind my ears and demanded to know my name.

I leant down and whispered into your ear. You repeated it. The first time I heard your voice. It was more of a raspy, needy moan. My hand slipped inside that drenched material. Felt you and your throat vibrated underneath my lips as it produced another moan. I moaned as well. You grabbed my hair and pulled yourself on top of me.

I made you cry out when our hips collided. It wasn’t my fault. I never wanted for things to go that far. You brought it on yourself and you never stopped; pushing yourself onto me, letting me deeper, letting me feel everything, displaying your pleasure – your pain. The beads of golden dust in your greens lost their shine as you slumped against me in a spent heap. The perfect entity had disappeared. What lay on top of me was a heaving punk-rocker kid. Tattoos up and down his arms and messy hair that was going into my mouth.

The perfect entity was gone; just a stain.

Out on the road today, I saw a BLACK FLAG sticker on a Cadillac
A little voice inside my head said, "Don't look back. You can never look back."
I thought I knew what love was, what did I know?
Those days are gone forever, I should just let them go but-


You gave it to me, that entity; I can’t stand the word innocence, makes me feel guilty for not having it. The wind rushed through my hair as I drove off that dusty road and whisked your face away. The same sunglasses, probably still bearing your fingerprints, rested on my nose, even though only a rabid red shine was left of the bright day I spent thinking back to your perversely innocent moans.

Everything still reminded me of you. That day, under those trees, under that web of light and bathed in the musky smell of cigarettes and sex, we should have ended it, never fallen in love.

But I can see you – your brown skin shinin' in the sun…

There was no entity – just you.