‹ Prequel: Misanthropy

'Cause That's All I Ever Wanted

Long Time No Talk

I woke up at six the next morning. I couldn't sleep, so there was no point trying. I got out of bed at ten past and pulled back the curtains looking at the sky, it was a mucky gray with a slight hint of fog. "Great." I said to myself as i walked back and threw myself onto my bed, what perfect weather.

I didn't go to school that day, and i didn't hear from any of my friends.. except for Alice. I wasn't expecting to hear from her so it was no surprise that she picked up the surprised tone on my voice. "Oh! Hey Alice. How are you? It's great to hear from you!"

"Yeah, it is. Why aren't you at school?"

"Long story, and I'm really not in the mood to talk about it, although god knows you have the right to know."

"Whats that mean?"

"Nothing really. Just got to do with my little incident and now the Principal knows about it."

"You're joking right?!"

"Nope, no joke."

"Gosh... that is serious. Thanks for picking up, you didn't have to; you know... the way i acted and never talking to you..." Alice trailed off.

"It's no problem., i forgave you for that a long time ago silly! Besides, i needed the distraction. I never realised how boring my life was without school."

"Haha. You need a hobby dear."

"I have one!" I replied.

"Fashion isn't a hobby, honey."

"Whatever. So how's life going over there? Why aren't you at school?"

"It's going okay, considering. I have a spare actually, that and there are a few hours difference between Adelaide and Melbourne, It's practically the end of the day! school time anyway."

"Lol you rhymed."

"Shut up. Mum called before, she wants to meet me at this coffee lounge in Darebin."

"Go! This could be good news, maybe she's gonna let you move back in of something."

"Yeah, but dad isn't going to be there. He's still not talking to me."

"But he's a guy, your mum is a girl and as much as we hate to think it, she was a teenager once too, I'm sure she understands what you are going through and how hard it was for you... and I'm sure she is in admiration of you for fixing your problem so fast."

"Yeah i guess so. Look, I'd better go. I told her I'd meet her at 4.30pm, it's three o'clock now and it takes a fifteen minute train ride from my stop to get to Darebin Station."

"Thats fine, and thanks for the chat, Alice."

"Any time, and thanks for answering." Alice hung up. I'm forever greatful that she listened to me and is still talking to me. I hate to think about what she thought of me when she heard the news. I mean, she thought i consented.