‹ Prequel: Misanthropy

'Cause That's All I Ever Wanted

On The Edge Of Happiness

It was friday morning and i had morning sickness. I'd been to see the doctor and he was telling me my options, i could have an abortion; but there were some side affects to it, or i could go through with it. I couldn't put myself through the pain of the first option; so i went for the second. He told me that everything was going well and to try and not to stress too much, it would put strain on the baby.

I feel dirty, i never wanted this, and now i have to live with it. I told my parents about it wednesday afternoon after I called Alice. Mum was shocked, i kind of figured she would be. Dad couldn't look at me, but when i told him the full story he wanted to kill Skelton; which was understandable... i guess. I picked up the phone to call Blake, he'd asked me to hang with him tomorrow, i wanted to... but i didn't think i would be able to do too much, with such a weak stomach. But I dialed the number and waited for him to pick up. "Hello?"

"Hey Blakey, It's Lauren, how are you?" I asked.

"Hey! I'm great thanks, yourself?"

"I'm...okay-ish."

"Ish?" He said, sounding rather concerned.

"Yeah, a bit of morning sickness, but nothing too serious. I'd love to come over tomorrow, 'cept I don't know how I'll go... just giving you pre warning. Don't wanna throw up all over you."

"Don't worry about it. What movies and games would you like to play? Yes, i know your not really a gamer. I just thought i could whip up to the shops and grab a few DVDs and games from Video Esy."

"Oh, well you know me; I'm a big sucker for horrors and scaries!"

"Right; how could i forget." Something seemed different about Blake, I wasn't quite sure what though, i mean - nothing physical or bad; just different. He wasn't as mysterious as before, nor did he notice as much as he used to.

"Do you have ice cream?" I asked.

"What? As in now?" he asked, rather shocked.

"No silly, just do you? I've been craving ice cream, badly."

"Well then i better duck up to Wooly's and get cha some ey? Blue Ribbon, Vanilla?"

"You know me oh too well." I soothed. "I better go, got a few things to do before i go to school. I'll see you there, right?" I wanted to make sure i wasn't alone, I just wasn't up to being there alone and having Blake there was good, we practically had the same classes.

"You betcha. You're right, I'll leave you to it. Bye." And with that, He hung up.

All i wanted to do was take a big deep breath and reflect over the past month, it had been a bumpy ride, but I'm sure it will get smoother eventually. Having Blake and Mikey with me should help, and with Alice coming down soon... well lets just say I couldn't be happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Opinions and suggestion would be great :)