‹ Prequel: Misanthropy

'Cause That's All I Ever Wanted

Yaoi

It had been a while since I'd spoken to my friends; it had been a while since I'd done anything. I've been sitting on this bed reading Yaoi all afternoon, I've done this for the past three weeks and I still couldn't think of anything else better to do. I'd cut my hair this arvo; gave myself a thick heavy front fringe and a bob. I also had to re-dye it; the re-growth was becoming unbearable. But there was one good thing happening today; Alice was coming home.

That's right, Alice was coming home. The one thing I had been looking forward to in months is finally happening. I packed up all the manga's and but them in a neat pile at the end of my bed then left the room. As i headed down the stairs i dragged the tips of my fingers along the the clean white wall, watching my shadow follow and caress the plaster. Naturally, my mother was in the kitchen cleaning up for lunch. "Hey Fankie darling, how are you today?" she asked as she took off her washing gloves and lent against the bench facing me. She was concerned about me; i know that; but acting like this and checking up on me all the time was not needed.

"Hey mum. Okay i guess." I breathed as i lent against the kitchen table, eyes glued to the floor.

"...You guess?" She repeated, as if the taste of the word was sour on her tongue.

"Yeah; I guess. Alice is coming home today." I informed her, changing the subject. "Did you know that?"

"Yeah I did, her mother called before, she wanted to know if you would be as the airport to greet her."

"What did you say?" I immediately asked, impatiently waiting for her answer.

"Well yes of course! I said that i would take you and Lauren up there to greet her and to drive you girls back to Lauren's place. You okay with that? I mean you haven't exactly been talking to her that much lately."

"Oh, yeah I'm fine, why wouldn't I be? I was just... going through i hard time." I stumbled over the last few words, hoping that she wouldn't notice what i said. Unfortunately for me; she did.

"I know dear, I know. But as in right now are you okay? I don't mean to be the annoying mother that is always on your back about things, but i love you and care about your wellbeing. I just want to make sure that I'm not making you go somewhere that you don't want to be. So," she said walking over to stand next to me. " Are you okay with going to Lauren's place?" I looked her in they eyes and told her the one thing i could think of; the truth.

"Yeah, I'm okay with that. It's just we've all been through a rough time since Alice left and none of us really knew how powerful she really was. I haven't been speaking to Lauren lately because it's just been to awkward for the both of us, her being pregnant and me .... well you know. I think today is what we need; we need to go back to who and what we were."

And with that, we hopped into the car and headed off to Lauren's place to await the arrival of our dear and close friend Alice.