‹ Prequel: Misanthropy

'Cause That's All I Ever Wanted

Blood and Roses

From that day on; everything changed. Alice was gone and our group fell apart. You'd think that from just one person leaving; it would still be okay, but it wasn't. Frank and i started fighting and she was blaming me for everything, Blake was becoming a bitch and Mikey just seemed distant. What the hell was happening?

So i went to school on the second Monday back and found the unthinkable; Mikey was crying in the corner of the hall way. Mikey never cries. Mikey never sits in the corner. He was shaking, rocking back and forth with his legs pulled in close to his chest. It made my insides churn to see him like this; what the fuck was going on? What had happened? I ran straight for him, throwing my bag against the wall of lockers in the process.
"Oh my god Mikey! Are you okay? Whats wrong! For gods sake; talk to me!" He just looked at me, the look upon his face said he's stuffed up; real bad.

"What did you do? Please Mikey, speak."

"She..she..she-"

"Are you talking about Alice; look i miss her too but seriously-"

"No. it's not that."

"What? than what is it Mikey?" i noticed the blood on his hands. "Mikey what happened?"

"Frank." I couldn't believe this was happening. "She.. she..i couldn't stop her!"
I heard the ambulance coming round the corner; apparently Frank stabbed herself in the gut this morning with a butchers knife from the Home Ec.room, Mikey found her there lying in a pool of blood. Why would she do such a thing?
Was this all happening all because Alice had left us? I don't know what was happening, but this wasn't right.
I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Skelton, the school hottie and Alice's boy; i needed the comfort and he needed the friend. "So... How you coping? I heard about Frank."

"Argh, i don't know anymore, i thought she was fine. I would never have guessed that she would - could do it."

"I'm sorry."

"What for? You didn't stab her, you didn't leave."

"But thats the problem, i could have stopped her...Alice i mean, i could have stopped her from leaving. I knew Frank was like this, she was always worrying about her and i promised I'd look after her; make sure she wouldn't do anything stupid. I failed."

"Now don't tell yourself that Skel, there was nothing you could have done!"

"That's not exactly true Lauren. I could have been there for her, i could have come to school earlier."