‹ Prequel: Misanthropy

'Cause That's All I Ever Wanted

Blind and Mute

The week crawled by, nothing happening and nobody did anything. "If you were stuck on a island with 5 people who would they be?"

"I don't know"

"Think. Please?"

"Um you, me..." I'm soo not in the mood for this "Mikey... do i count as the 5?"

"Yup."

"Okaaaay you, me, Mikey, Skelton and Alice." i answered quickly.

"Say its a game.. like in Saw. Except people don't die... you guys magically appear there and have to work together using your talents to get off the island."

"What's your point?"

"Why'd you choose those people?"

"I really don't care Blake, can't you tell?"

"Course i can, I've just got nothing else better to do."

"Trust." See what i mean? no point in anything, Frankie's in hospital and Alice left us all
alone. She didn't even call me when she said she would; some friend. I decided to hangout with Skelton that lunch time. Big mistake.

"Hey Babe, how are ya?"

"Babe? since when have i been babe to you? Hows Alice? I haven't heard from her in a
while, she doesn't return my calls."

"Who cares." What gotten into him?

"Is everything okay Skelton? I mean, with you and Alice."

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?"

"Oh.. no reason." What ever was going on in Skelton's head i didn't know, but things sure didn't seem right. Maybe i should try ringing Alice again..

"Hello?"

"Hey Lauren, How are you?"

"I'm good thank you Mrs. Howard. Is Alice there?"

"I'm sorry dear, she's unavailable to take your call at the moment, but i can take a message or get her to call you back?"

"Ah, na thats okay. Just tell her i rang."

"Sure thing, bye"

"Bye.." Why wasn't she answering my calls? Something real bad must have happened to her.

When i got home that day i felt like crap. Alice was being a bitch or just didn't care, Skelton was becoming a bit freaky and Blake wasn't making much since while Mikey seemed mute... okay maybe not mute, but Blake and him kept to themselves so i was left hanging with Skelton and something is telling me to keep away from him...