‹ Prequel: Misanthropy

'Cause That's All I Ever Wanted

So Much For My Happy Ending

I can't believe this has actually happened. I can't believe that any of it happened. I can't believe Alice left us. I can't believe that she didn't tell us she wasn't fitting in and had gotten herself into trouble. I never realised how close Frankie and Alice were and what an impact Alice leaving would be - and what it would do to her.

I couldn't understand how Alice was the glue that kept us together, but without her we all fell apart. I've managed to get in contact with Alice, she's got a drug addiction and her friends family is helping her get through it, which i think is nice of them. I told her if she ever wanted to come back here, there'd always be a bed for her at my place.

And Skelton? Well lets just put it this way, i wanted to keep it hush hush about the rape and all, but it just got harder and harder every time i saw him looking at me from across the yard. I had to tell someone, and unfortunately the only person i could tell was Mikey. He's like an older brother to me, and he know something was up.
"What's wrong Lauren, you've been acting really weird lately." Asked Mikey as we made our way across the yard to the sleepers on the east side of the school.

"It's nothing really..." I said as we sat down. I pulled my sandwich out of my hat and saw Skelton standing there on the other side of the court yard. i shivered.

"See, there you go again! What is it with you and that guy? You used to be good mates, but now you turn the other way when ever you see him coming." i looked at him blankly, i didn't want to tell him the truth, it was awkward enough as it was, but i couldn't just say we had a fight and I'm trying to prove a point by not talking to him...

"I'd rather not talk about." I just sat there staring into my lap, hoping the bell would ring; but we'd only been out for five minutes. Mikey put his arm around me and i cried into his chest, the one thing i vowed not to do.

"it's going to be okay; whatever it is. You know you can tell me anything and I'd never judge you Lauren, I hate thinking that you can't." I heard him say through my sobbing. It was so sweet of him to care about me like this, even when i didn't deserve it.

We sat there for the rest of lunch, just talking. Talking about the good old days and how we thought we could rule the world, how I'd tease every boy who came near, how Alice won the BMX trail ride, how he and Frank had convinced us that Blake has been in the closet with Ms. Gibson. When the bell rang, i know it was now or never.

"Mikey, would you walk me home?" Ne nodded and we walked to our lockers to get our books for our last class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments :)
What do you guys think?