‹ Prequel: Misanthropy

'Cause That's All I Ever Wanted

The Office

"What is the meaning of this? Mikey, this is not like you, why on earth would you start beating the crap out of a fellow student?!" Said our principal as he lectured us on our behavior in the corridor.

"You wouldn't understand, sir." Mikey replied as he looked at his shoes.

"Try me."

"Don't-" I grabbed hold of Blake's arm to stop him from stepping forward.

"Don't what Miss Beaston?" He questioned.

"The reason i hit him was cause of what he did to Lauren! How do you expect me to just stand around doing nothing?! Don't say you understand and that there is a solution to everything cause there's not!"

"Okay, what the hell is going on here?!"

"I'd rather not talk about it." I spat out. I couldn't do this anymore, what sounded like a great idea had backfired and i wasn't going to start telling Mr. Bolton that i got raped because i was helping a friend out. I wasn't about to tell him that Skelton was a bad person because the truth is he isn't.

"I'm sorry Lauren. I know i did the wrong thing and if i could take it back i would! I know nothing i can do will fix this and i hate myself for it. I let my feelings get the better of me and was thinking with my dick rather than my head."

At that moment Blake stepped forward, shielding me from Skelton. "And to think i thought you were a nice bloke. Decent enough for Alice." It just accrued to me that Blake hadn't know what was going on, even with what i said to him, i had thought for sure Mikey would have mentioned something, or from all the tension going in...apparently not.

The principal just stood there looking god-smacked. This was alittle more than he had bargained for. Embarrassed by the commotion he had created he hastily walked over to the door. "Okay, this is out of my hands. Lauren, go home. Mikey and Blake, go to class. Now. And Skelton...you should be ashamed, hasn't this school taught you anything? Not even how to treat a lady? Don't say she was asking for it because you should know better; being a model student and all. Get out."

I felt terrible, not to mention nauseated. I couldn't believe Blake had to find out that why, what must he think of me?

"You okay Lauren? You look really pale." Said Blake, alook of concern washing over his face as we walked towards the lockers. Micky was tailing behind us, hands in his pockets and still looking at his feet. He was obviously still shocked at himself for cracking like that, at the principal i mean, not Skelton. If only he know how much that ment to me.

"I guess I'm not feeling 100%...wow" I got really dizzy all of a sudden. The next thing i knew it all went black.