‹ Prequel: Misanthropy

'Cause That's All I Ever Wanted

The Great Escape

I sat there staring at her, watching Blake caress her face. We were in the sickbay, me on the chair and Blake on the bed with Lauren in his arms. As she regained consciousness i heaved a sigh of relief; pushing my glasses back on my nose i spoke." Are you alright? You just collapsed in the corridor."

She sat up, "I did?" replying rather worried.

"Yeah," answered Blake. "What's wrong? Is it ....you know; it?" At this, Lauren blushed the colour of my hair, and that's saying something. "Do you wanna go somewhere? I really can't be stuffed going to class, besides we have Mikey's car...right Mike?"

"Umm, sure..." I trailed off. Could we get away with it? Knowing Mr. Bolton, he's have told our teacher we were on our way or something like that...and we had to get passed the admin staff first. "How do you suggest we do that?"

"Do what? Use your car? Bro, you'd be coming with us 'cause you're the only one with a license." He laughed.

"That's not what i meant, i meant getting outta here, we still have to get to my car."

Lauren laughed, "Well, you could say you're driving me home! and you Blake, don't you have a spare or something?" What was she so happy about? Didn't she just pass out or something?! Man, I'll never get girls.

"Na, but i guess they have no proof that i don't, and just to be safe, I'll course a diversion so as you can get out unnoticed and I'll slip out the back way." Sounded Blake; standing up, ready for the unexpected and pretty proud of himself i might add.

"Whatever." I really wasn't in the mood for this - besides I know for a fact that Lauren wasn't alright, no matter what she said and Blake was just making matters worse for her. He likes her. I know. He knows i know. Yet all Lauren wants to do is make us happy, it's as if she doesn't care what happens to her.

As Blake wonders out, i hear him talking to the lady at reception."Eyy, how's it goin'?" At this, i pick Lauren up and run out with in my arms.

"Don't you have a class to be at?" she asked.

"Why does it matter?" We walk through the door unnoticed. Making out way down to the year 11 ans 12 car park, we see Blake walk out the door. We waited for him at my car.

* * *

"Haha and to think you were worried about getting caught!" Laughed Blake as he sipped on his coffee.

"It's not just getting caught; it's when you get to your destination as well. Here it's okay cause it;'s you brothers cafe, but lets say we went somewhere else and we were recognised? I know we don't have a uniform but..." I looked into my coffee. "Okay so I'm paranoid; I'll admit it." I took a sip the looked over to Lauren, she hadn't toughed her hot chocolate or her cookie. "You sure you're okay Loz?"

"Hah?" she said, shifting her gaze towards me.

"Are you okay?" I repeated.

Breaking up her cookie she replied "Yeah, just tired."

After we finished our coffee's i drove Lauren home then went over to Blake's house to play Guitar Hero World Tour. I could tell he was worried about her, him not being aware of the situation before, i guess it must have shocked him alittle to find out. Also, I needed to talk to him about something. Something important.