Status: Sorry for slow updates, new chapters will be posted when possible, will be completed soon!

I'm Not Free of You

Chapter 14 1.5

Abbey hasn't talked to me since I left. I've tried to contact her every day for the past month but have decided to leave her be till she is okay to get back in touch with me. Also had to have an argument with Bruce about not having security cameras placed in the not too cheap but not too expensive, medium sized single apartment in down town Gotham. At least he understood when I said I'd like to have my privacy. I send him texts every other day so he doesn't have a heart attack. When I'm not working as a cashier at this fancy dress shop, I'm at home doing my homework to find where the Joker could be hiding. Not sure why I want to find him. It's been a long time and the last thing I said to him was I love you. Before I lost my memory. I left him. Left to go back to Abbey. To be reunited with my fiancee. But deep down...deep in the pit of my heart, I never wanted to leave that psychopathic clown. We fit together, in an odd way. He needs me as much as I need him. But now, we're two of a kind. Except that new girl of his is in the way. Harley Quinn. My furniture was torn to shreds. I guess I am the jealous type. The other side of me, Catwoman, she wanted to come out and play. She's been itching to get out but I had to keep low, just like dear old Jack's doing. It's quite hard to find someone who doesn't want to be found. While sitting outside on lunch breaks, I've caught his scent a few times but it always led me no where. Currently I'm dressed in my pj's sitting indian style on my big comfy bed with newspapers spread all around me. The one I'm starring at is today's paper.

Is Gotham finally at peace?

Is what the headline reads. Underneath is a picture of his mugshot. Even though it's only a photograph, I feel his dark, angry eyes looking into my soul.

"Where are you?", I whisper.

Getting up, I shove all the papers off my bed in frustration. What am I even going to do when I find him? Tell him, "Honey! I'm home!" No. Harley will be a problem to get around. Whatever he is planning though, must be good. And I want in on it.

A week later, I received my wish. I've found him! All out of good luck too. Actually, just my new amazing hearing. Since I eat lunch outside, I always try to pick up his voice, scent, anything. Then that's when it happened. It must've been a henchman and he was at least over a mile away. He's speaking to who I'm assuming is a new guy, telling him what the plans are for tonight. After that is when I'd follow them back. The rest of my day at work, I was smiling.

-later that night-

Hidden in the shadows on top of a building across the street, I wait anxiously. It's been twenty-five minutes and I'm starting to get a little nervous they won't show. Five minutes later, and a black van slowly pulls up to the factory. The goons, about seven of the, pile out of the van and go inside as two stay out to keep watch. Curious me, I discreetly climb down the side of the building, landing behind a dumpster.

"You hear that?"

The one goon, must be the new one, stars panicking.

The other rolls his eyes, "It's the Narrows kid. Ya hear things all the time. Probably just a cat."

I smirk, 'That must be my cue.'

I make my way to the van, going around towards the front and lean against the grill with my hands on my hips.

"I'm more than just a cat."

Both of them jump, pointing their guns towards me. They eye me up and down. This will be easier than I thought. Lifting my hands in the air to show them I have no weapons, I slowly walk towards them. I notice the older goon watching my hips sway towards him.

"Who are you?

I look at the ground for a second before bringing my gaze back to his face. He's ugly. Scars everywhere. Dark brown beard and a box like face.

I smirk sexily, "A curious little kitty."

The guys look at each other and chuckle.

"Get out of here lady. No place for you to be snoopin' around. And you're a little late for Halloween."

I flash him a full smile, lifting my diamond clawed hands to his chest and trace a line down, "Who says I'm snooping?"

My eyes look over to the new guy, seeing him gawk at me. I mouth the word 'hi' at him. He gives me a slight wave. But I stop flirting when I hear the sound of a switch-blade flick open. I do a back flip, no handed as I quickly take off my cat tail whip. When I land, I crack the whip in his direction, hitting the knife directly out of his hand. I then lift my leg, kicking him in the face and knocking him out. And all of this happened within a few seconds. The new kid quickly lifts his gun at me, freaking out for what just happened. How inhuman it was. The boy's about to yell for the others but I use my whip, cracking the gun out of his hands first before wrapping it around one of his wrists and I yank him towards me. He lets out a gasp as I place my claws on his face, one of the nails cuts a nice line down his cheek.

My eyes shine in the night as I study the fear written over his face before I smirk, "You could've gotten me killed. Tsk, such a young pup you are. Much to learn. How about I give you a lesson to keep that cute mouth shut, hm?"

With my other hand, the fingers placed around his mouth, I dig the claws in, making him whimper.

My eyes must've changed or my expression for he started crying and shaking.

"Open wide." I whisper.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH NO! This was supposed to be posted a few weeks ago! I'm terribly sorry! I guess it didn't. I really liked doing this chapter, specially the ending part.
Feedback would be awesome, I will be posting some news on my profile sometime in the day about my other stories that are on hiatus and what not.