Status: Sorry for slow updates, new chapters will be posted when possible, will be completed soon!

I'm Not Free of You

Chapter 4

I groan slightly, trying to open my eyes but immediately close them since the room's spinning. Slowly, I start to reopen them and the room comes to a halt. I'm not sure where I'm at. At all, but I know I'm not at a hospital. Instead, someones bed. In a house.

"Good! You're awake!"

Startled, I jump, looking towards the doorway to see a older man with kind features, glasses and a smile.

With a english accent he says, "Sorry to scare you miss, Master Wayne sent me up here to see if you have awoken yet and to put some food into your system."

I'm about to say 'Yes! Please! I'm starving here!! But I use my manners and say, "Wait, did you just say Wayne?"

He points his finger at me, "That's right. You've forgotten everything. So sorry, I am Alfred, the butler. Come downstairs with me and join them, they will be able to explain better than I can."

Nodding slightly, I slip out of the heavenly bed and follow him down the stairs.

He turns to me and smiles, "What would you care to eat my dear?"

I bite my bottom lip, "How about a turkey sandwich? With mayo and lettuce?"

We reach the bottom of the staircase and he stretches out his arm, "Right this way and I'll bring that right out."

He walks the opposite direction from me and I walk into a living room to see Mr. Wayne, sitting on a long, black, leather couch along with Abbey sitting on a love seat, reading a magazine. Hearing my footsteps, they both look up with smiles as I sit down on another couch across from them.

"Introductions are in order since you do have amnesia. I'm Bruce Wayne and this here is your younger sister Abbey. I re-welcome you to my mansion."

I nod to let him continue while I look around the room in awe.

He leans forward, resting his arms on his knees and rests his face in his palms, "Do you have any memories what so ever Blair?"

My fingers run through my hair, "I guess they're memories. I've only had two so far."

He smiles, "That's better than nothing. Do you mind telling us?"

Looking over at Abbey, I feel very sorry that I can't share the joy with her of seeing my sibling that I thought was dead. I feel like a complete stranger.

"I found a newspaper while taking a walk and it was from Gotham. In my head...I saw...Abbey, tugging my arm and laughing, telling me we need to hurry otherwise Mr. Wayne will be mad if we're late."

Abbey giggles, covering her mouth, "I remember that! It was her first day at her job."

I continue, "The second, there was this red haired girl, looking at me with such anger in her eyes yet a sadistic smile on her lips."

"Her name was Bridget." Bruce adds.

I ignore the 'was' part for now, "She was pointing a gun at me then I felt something rub against my leg and it was a black cat. After that, a bang. Then that's it."

I leave out how I ran into a black cat on my way here and how it must have done some weird voodoo shit on me to make my scars and tattoos disappear while giving me the abilities of a cat. I'd probably be sent to a crazy house if so.

Abbey and Bruce look at each other, then back to me in concern.

Leaning back, he sighs while rubbing his chin that has no facial hair what so ever, "The Joker is bound to come after you once he finds out you aren't dead. The media will go crazy wanting to know who you are and what has happened.Then we're in trouble."

My eyes turn to slits, "The who?"

"Uh, well...The Joker is Gothams biggest criminal and very dangerous. He kidnapped you for awhile till you hide in one of my closets at a party we had at my pent house, then he took you again and we haven't seen you since. He completely destroyed Bridget when he saw her shoot you."

I laugh, "I was shot? Shit...what else happened to me?"

About two hours later and a sandwich in, I learn more about who this Joker character is and how he wears a purple and green suit, wears face paint, has green hair and has scars that curve into a smile on his face. I'm also told of my past, how our parents died, that I worked in a strip club to support Abbey and I, that Bruce and I were engaged, how I love to dance and even started my own hip hop studio till I was re-kidnapped.

Bruce comes over to my couch and studies my face, taking his hand and running it where the scars I had, should be.

"That's very strange that they have completely disappeared. It's like they never existed. Even your tattoos. I can't understand how that's even possible."

I snort, 'You don't even know buddy. Demon kitty. '

Then I look into his eyes, "How did I get those scars? Do you know?"

Bruce shakes his head no, "You never told me. I asked about it once and you literally growled at me and told me to mind my own business."

I silently say, "Oh...Well, that's my fault. Would've been helpful to know now. I guess it doesn't matter anymore since they're gone."

Bruce smiles kindly, "It's quite alright. Everyone has something in their past they don't care to discuss. Do you have anything else you're wondering about?"

I lean a little closer to him so Abbey doesn't hear, looking from her, to him, "Did we..well, you know."

I give him a face that basically screams 'DID YOU TOUCH ME.'

Trying to hold in his laugh, which doesn't work, he lets me know that we didn't. Which I sigh, that would be awkward, specially if we were still engaged, which he told me we aren't since it's been awhile.

Then another question pops into my head, "Did Joker and I ever...?"

This makes him uncomfortable, making him shift in his seat, "Not that we would know of. Only he would know. But we do think he has some sort of infatuation with you for when we'd go to clean and visit your grave, there would always be a fresh pair of black roses attached to the stone."

I just nod, 'I wonder if he loved me. Did I love him back if so? The only way I can get the answer if going straight to the cause. But not now. '

Smiling at them, I stand up, "I think I'm going to go for a walk. I need some fresh air and alone time after all of this...catching up. It's a bit much to take it all in. "

Bruce looks like he's going to stop me but Abbey punches him while whispering harshly, "She'll be fine."

He glares at her, "Just be safe Blair."

Smiling at him before walking out the front door, I say, "I think I'll be okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's somewhat of a filler. I had to type this real quick because I need to leave soon.
BUT how am I doing so far guys?
I'm good at handling critiques :]

Image