Status: Sorry for slow updates, new chapters will be posted when possible, will be completed soon!

I'm Not Free of You

Chapter 6

So many thoughts are rushing to my head, the biggest one is if I'll make it back without being taken.

'Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! I shouldn't have done that!

As I started running, I made it back to the front of the mansion in what seemed like seconds. Stopping at the gate, my hands fly to my head as a rush of pain sweeps over me. Shutting my eyes tightly, I start to have another flash back.I see Bruce at a very fancy party, people huddled together watching as the Joker is talking to someone about his scars. I look down, my vision is blurred as I set down a gun and a beautiful mask before running down a hallway. It switches to the day Bruce asked me to marry him. I cannot hear what he is saying to me but my eyes are glued his lips and like I had a remote control over time, everything went to slow motion as I read his lips.

"I'm the Batman."

My eyes open wide while I breath heavily, in and out a few times, wiping away the tears that snuck down my face.

"Holy shit that needs to stop happening."

Taking a peek around me to make sure he didn't follow, I then open and close the gates and rush back inside. Bruce and Abbey are just walking out of the garage and they smile noticing me, but before they can speak I look him dead in the eyes.

"I remember your secret."

He nods, "And I trust you will still keep it to yourself?"

I shake my head yes, "No matter what may happen, I will. I also remember being some place with people dressed up and I ran down a hallway to hid?"

Abey smiles, "That was the first time you got away from the Joker."

"That's what I thought. I'm going to lie down, if you guys don't mind?"

"Are you sure? We were just going out for some lunch?"

I smile politely, "I'm sure."

"Alright, Alfred will be here if you need anything." says Bruce as he grins, probably happy that I'm slowly regaining memories

We say our goodbyes and I walk inside and look around lost.

"Alfred?"

He pops is head around a corner, "Yes Mi-I mean Blair. What can I help you with?"

"How exactly do I get back to my room?"

He tells me up the grand stairs to the right, then a left down the first hallway and its the only door down there. I start walking up the steps but I get a craving.

"Oh Alfred, one more thing"

He stops walking away turning around, "Yes?"

"Do we have any tuna?"

He seems taken back by this, "Yes, I believe we do."

"I'd like a tuna sandwich if you don't mind."

"Not at all."

Once I'm in the room I see a laptop on a desk and I grab it while plopping down on the bed. A few seconds later Alfred walks in with a tray with the sandwich a glass of water and a vase with a single rose.

I smile, "Thank you so much."

He nods kindly, "It is a bit odd though."

As I have a bite in my mouth, my eyebrows scrunch, "How so?"

"You never did like fish of any sort."

As I finish chewing and savoring the taste, I stop, looking at him then swallow.

"That's odd."

"Oh well, things do happen." then he walks away.

That's when I open the internet and type into google just one word.

'Cat.'

I open the first link and start to read.

'The cat (Felis catus) also known as the domestic cat or household cat-'

Skimming through it I stop at it's features.

'As nocturnal predators, cats use their acute hearing and ability to see in the near darkness to locate prey. Not only can cats hear sounds too faint for human ears, they can also hear higher in frequency.'

I skim more.

'Cats also have a much better sense of smell than humans. They are similar in the anatomy to the other felids with strong flexible bodies, quick reflexes-'

I shut the laptop with a snap and sigh.

"So...I'm all of a sudden part cat now?"

I think about it more then start to laugh, scratching my face, "That's too silly. Not even possible."

Then I recall how I fell off that bridge. That should've killed me. Or being able to hear and smell things from far away. Closing my eyes, the memory of when I was shot. The cat that rubbed against my legs...I gasp, it was the same cat! The way it looked into my eyes like it knew me, had something to give me. I had to test this out more to make sure I wasn't being crazy. Mumbling to myself, I stand up and walk out of the room and stop till I see a staircase with a long banister. Now if I do this, I should fall and probably break my neck unless I knew how to do this with training. Breathing out, I don't even pull myself up, I just jump and land on the railing with no problem, just like a cat would.

I whisper, "This is so weird."

One foot in front of the other I make it halfway down then jump off on the stairs without even making a sound.

It's like something else has taken over my body as I do back flip after back flip till I'm at the bottom. I excitedly look around to see what else I can do. After an hour of doing flips, twists, bends and falls, I need to go outside and try it out. It's already turning into dusk and I need something. I'm yearning it. What it is, I cant tell yet. But I quietly make my way out of the mansion and run my way into town unnoticed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay well it looks like I won't get anywhere near 5 comments so I'll post anyways. I just would like to hear some feedback.