And It Started With Love

Under The Rose

I dream of the winter in my heart turning to spring

So harsh. Very harsh. His heart cold. Senseless. Loss of feelings. Numb. Until he met her. That was when he learned the meaning of warmth. The meaning of good. The meaning of love.

While the ice gives way under my feet

So dangerous. Falling in love, that is. The reason why he secluded himself in the first place. The reason why he’s so afraid.

And so I drown with the sun

And he takes this chance. This chance of falling in love and learning. Learning to fall and stand up again. Learning that the world isn’t so cruel after all.

I open my eyes with a sigh of relief

He goes through it strong. Strong enough to not know when to fall. But the fear still consumes him. He didn’t want this to end. He wanted love, yet he was so afraid. How vast a mistake.

As the warmth of summer sunlight dances around me

Warmness that he feels, he loves. He has learned to adore this, uncovering that beastly heart he once had. Becoming a new person as a whole. Loving it, loving it, loving it.

And I see you with dead leaves in your hands

Hopeless. It ends. He hates her. He doesn’t want this anymore. The beast inside hime arises once again. The one that was once forgotten. The one that drowned a long time ago, now burning with desire. Waiting, waiting for the right moment to once again consume him to become the man he once was.

I’ve been burning in water and drowning in flame

Trying everything. Everything and anything to forget. Forgetting the past. Starting anew. Wanting nothing more to do with love. It’ll only end up in tears. Pretending it doesn’t affect him. He was being strong. But only on the outside. What lays beneath the layers of skin is a man craving. Craving for happiness, the desire to love once again.

To prove you wrong and scare you away

He doesn’t want to admit defeat. He doesn’t want to be wrong. He wanted wholesome in this. Even though he couldn’t have found it and he knows. He knows that. But being the man that he is, the one that doesn’t give up willingly. As much as he wants to hate her, he just can’t. Because she was the first. The first one he loved. The first one he lost.

I admit my defeat and want back home

Defeated. Loss. Emptyness. All the felt. But he wanted back in her arms. He couldn’t take it. The pressure. The emptyness. Life like an empty void. Life with no purpose. Love. He wanted it. He craved it. He needed it. Badly. And so now he knows when to give up his pride. Hand it over for something more. Something magnificent. Something that he loves. Back in her arms.

Your heart under the rose

As her fingers danced across the keys to the last sentence, she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her. The warmth, happiness, love, the feeling he was giving off. He was not the man he was anymore. He has changed. To become someone. Someone that she loved. Someone who she cares for. Somone whom she calls hers.