Give Me a Better Cause to Lead

Chapter 1: One More Thing

Don't know, don't own, don't sue.Give Me A Better Cause To Lead: Chapter 1

I just sit in front of the computer, taking in everything that's required of me. I have to find a video on the internet that has magically vanished, do my algebra homework, manage to eat at some point so they don't think i'm anorexic, talk to an annoying 'friend,' and miraculously think up a way to fix a relationship between two of my friends.

Oh yes, and this is just my normal day. You'd hate to see a full one.

I hold my head in my hands while two files download, hoping that at least one of them is the one I need. Sometimes I hate being the geek of our house. You'd think that Gerard could do something, but NO, he's too antisocial AND he's busy being an 'artist.'

Yeah. My life rocks.

"Mikey, mom says dinner's ready." Gerard said, opening the door of my room to see me sitting there. "What's wrong, bro?"

"Just fuck off, Gerard. I've got too much on my plate already without you adding anything to it." I snap and open a textbook. "I'm busy right now, I'll get something later."

"They're gonna think you're anorexic again..." Gerard said.

"Like I care. Just go." I said, writing down a formula that I had no idea how to solve.

"Alright. But remember, I'm here for you. Sometimes all you need is to rant a bit." He said before leaving.

I sighed. It would be nice to tell him what was wrong, just like the old days. I'd come home and tell Gerard everything about my day, and he'd just smile and listen to me. But I became detached from my entire family, even Gerard...

It was just waiting to happen. And I knew it. My life wasn't making me happy, it was killing me. And I needed to find a way to fix that.

One more item to add to the list of things to do. Joy.