Am I More Than You Bargained for Yet?

Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Alex’s P.O.V

I sat silently in the back of the van as it drove on. I got out of the hospital three days ago and Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Annie, Tori and Eden were dropping me off at the Institution for Teenage Girls. When I read the pamphlet I saw that it wasn’t just for girls who were depressed and suicidal, It was or girls going through teenage pregnancy, girls who have went through abortions, and girls who had mental problems. You name it, they looked after them all. I didn’t want to go, I can’t believe Gerard would send me to such a place. But he wanted me to, so I would.

I sighed and looked at Annie. She looked so happy…I felt a pang of jealousy run through me. Mikey looked at her and smiled before kissing her softly on the lips and rubbing her belly. She was three months pregnant with his child. I looked away at Frank and Eden but the jealousy I felt was getting worse. Frank was whispering into Eden’s ear and she was grinning from ear to ear and leaning on him. They were happy as well.

Would I ever be able to feel the happiness they have? The love they have for each other? Will I have kids with the one I love? And if so will we love each other 'til the end? Will we be together forever? Or will they leave me for someone better? For someone more worth their time? I sighed, causing Tori to look back at me.

“Cheer up Kiddo! don’t worry about all this, I still love ya!” She said. I smiled lightly and nodded. Gerard looked at me from the rearview mirror but I ignored him and looked out the window.

I spoke to Britt just before I left. She told me Kory and Jennifer were still together. She also told me that Kory wanted to see me before I left, but I don’t think I could do it. I remembered the times when it was just me, Britt and Kory. Those were the happy days. Before my mom died and before I thought I was a stupid dumb fuck.

I sighed. My mother. I missed her so much. I remember one time when we were watching Grease. It was my fondest memory of her. Because she made me feel loved, like she actually loved me.

I was sitting on the couch with my mom sitting next to me. One thing we had in common, we both couldn’t get enough of this movie. It was up to the bit where Sandy was at the slumber party with the rest of the girls and she had just excused herself to go outside. I smiled, for some reason this song made me happy. Some would call this bit of the movie boring, I thought it was sweet and it gave me hope. Her song came on and I mouthed the words. I heard my mom singing along softly. I looked at her and started to sing a little out loud. By the time we hit the chorus, we were singing out loud together.

“But, now. There’s no where to hide, since you pushed my love, aside, I’m out of my head. Hopelessly devoted to you. Hopelessly devoted to you! Oooh!” We belted out together, getting the pitch and length exactly right. I loved these moments with my mom. They were special, they were the things I loved about her.

We kept singing and when the chorus came by she started singing it to me.


I was so happy at that moment. She acted like she really loved me. Those moments were so special to me. I wanted her back. I wanted her back, now.