Am I More Than You Bargained for Yet?

Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

We arrived at the institution soon after. I looked up. It was pretty big and looked rather nice…but there were fences with barbed wire surrounding it, making it look more like a prison. I bit my lip but walked along with Gerard to the entrance, the rest of the gang trailing along behind.

When we stepped inside I saw that it looked a lot like a hospital, the smell of cleanliness and the white walls. I relaxed…maybe it wouldn’t be so bad? For some odd reason I enjoyed hospitals, while other’s resented them I thought they were quite relaxing. A nurse at the reception greeted us with a warm smile.

“How can I help you?” she asked. I smiled at her. She seemed nice, and she looked quite young, maybe around 20 years old.

“Hi, I’m Gerard Way. I was sent here to cheek my daughter in, Her name’s Alexandra Rodriquez?” asked politely. The nurse looked through the computer, probably searching my name.

“Oh, yeah. It say’s here she will be checking in and staying for 18 months at the minimum?” She said. I felt my jaw drop to the ground and Gerard’s eyes widened.

“Pardon?” He asked. She looked back at the computer.

“It say’s your doctor wants her in here for at least 18 months for recovery.” She said. Gerard looked surprised and frowned.

“18 Months?” He asked. The nurse nodded. Maybe he would change his mind and not dump me here. I put my head up high with a little spark of hope that he wouldn’t dump me here.

“Well, okay then.” He stated. I looked to the ground and slumped while he started to sign things. Once everything was set the nurse came around by the desk and grabbed of my suitcases. She smiled at me and nodded for me to come along. I looked at Gerard and the gang behind me before giving them a small smile. Suddenly Tori tackled me into a hug.

“I’m gonna miss you, Kiddo. Try and get better.” She said. Everyone else started to give me hugs, Eden then Annie, then Mikey, then Frank. He sighed into my ear.

“This is all my fault, I should have told Gerard what you were doing on the first day and it wouldn’t have gotten so bad.” he whispered into my ear. I shook my head.

“Don’t blame yourself Frankie, it’s my fault.” I said. I felt him smile against my shoulder before pulling away. I then felt Gerard’s arms around me. He pulled me into a tight hug. I stiffened but then relaxed into his arms.

“Sugar, I’m sorry I’m putting you in here for so long, but I really want you to get better. I was a mess while you were in that coma. I love you so much. Baby girl, just try and get better. I promise I’ll write and call. I might not be able to visit but for Christmas and your birthday, but I’ll definiatly be here.” He said. I felt a huge grin come to my face. He loved me? I hugged him back. I was gonna say it.

“I love you too…Gerard.” I said. Well at least I tried, but calling him dad is harder than you think.