Am I More Than You Bargained for Yet?

Chapter Seventeen, Part I

Chapter 17

“So, what are you here for?” She asked. I shrugged.

“I don’t really feel like talking about it.” I said. She smirked.

“It doesn’t matter, it’s all over the magazines.” She said, holding up a magazine. The front had a picture of Gerard hugging me just as he was leaving. The headline said ‘Like Father, Like Daughter?’. I snatched the mag out of her hands and flicked through the pages trying to find the right one. Once I did I saw pictures of me and Gerard. I read the article.

Like Father, Like Daughter?

Gerard Way’s daughter, Alexandra Rodriquez, 13, was cheeked into a Mental Institution only 16 months ago. When we first got these photos it took us a long time for us to uncover the truth, and finally, we have it. Alexandra attempted suicide in what her doctor says ‘Was one of the worst cases ever.’ She didn’t do the usual slit your wrists stunt but she tried something rather different…


The story went on, explaining what happened but that’s not what got to me. It was the end.

Gerard has only said one comment about his daughter, and that was how ashamed he was of this publicity stunt to have attention brought to the band.

I frowned. He thought I did that for his own good? I was so confused, why would he think such a thing? The tears came back to my eyes but I refused to let them fall. I was so mad…no, not mad. I was pissed. I looked up at Rachael. She was smiling.

“I guess your not that different from us after all.” She said. I nodded, unable to speak. She smirked.

“Well, me and the girls were thinking about going out by the lake tonight. Tiffany’s brother is gonna bring some of his friends so we can have a little party. Wanna come? There will be alcohol and everything!” She said. I hesitated.

“Alex, I want you to never do alcohol or drugs.” Gerard said forcefully.

“Your not going to back out and nark on us, are you? That won’t make me really happy.” She said angrily. I saw her eyes flash and I felt a sudden streak of fear go through me. Then I felt pissed again. At Gerard.

“I’ll do it.”