Anywhere Is Better Than Here

Chapter Six

Two hours, non-stop sobbing, and millions of sniffles later, we were in Connecticut's New Britain General Hospital. Throughout the whole entire ride I had kept my iPod in my ears, making it so high that when we finally got there and I had to take my earphones out, my ears were ringing. The two cars parked and we all got out of them. Joe and Kevin were by my side in a second, while Nick and Denise by my mom's side in no time flat. After telling the secretary who we were here for, she told us to go to the waiting room, police were waiting for us there. Once we got to the waiting room on the third floor, the police had us sit down. I instantly knew the news was going to be bad.

"Officer, please! Tell me what happened! Tell me if they are okay!" my mom cried as Denise quickly wrapped her arms around her.

"We are so, so very sorry Mrs. Beckett," the officer paused, "Your husband and your son died on impact. They had cut off a gasoline tanker and hit it, hard. This caused an explosion. Your daughter has very bad third degree burns all over her body."

My mother screamed, before falling into Denise and sobbing hysterically. I had been sitting on Nick's lap, Kevin and Joe on either side of me. I cried into Nick's shoulder as the five of us were hysterical. I had noticed the doctor walk into the room, I had instantly sat up, it took me awhile to get out of Nick's arms because he knew what I would do. I walked right up to him and grabbed him, shaking him.

"Save her! Save my baby sister!" I screamed, shaking the man even more.

"Please Miss, we are trying the best we can! Her burns are so bad that we don't even think she has enough skin on her body to have it grow back. It takes time to grow artificial skin," he said calmly, trying to get me off of him.

Kevin had come up from behind just as I was about to get violent. "Abby, please! Come sit down! There's nothing we can do but just wait," he cried.

"Save her you bastard! I don't care what it takes!" I screamed, thrashing in Kevin's strong grip.

A nurse came up from behind me, holding a needle. I didn't even notice what had happened and that the doctor had called for a sedative before I felt a pinch and something being injected into my side. Then everything had turned to black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry, I know it's been awhile.
I know it's short, but I felt the need to end it there for some reason.
Anyways, comment and subscribe! Remember, I don't bite!

x, alexis.